Recent content by GigaFire

1. G

Dieselgate, The Canadian Edition

Done 7:46 PST. Now to wait.
  2. G

It's tentative according to screenshots I've seen, which is why there is a stipulation in Schedule H of the settlement to confirm by phone.
  3. G

I had it going an hour ago, but when I called VW Credit for my account info and remaining balance, it died. Well shoot.
  4. G

Yeah, no. I want an answer today. After waiting another week, after four months of delays, after a year of waiting to be told to wait until now, I'm done. I just want my damn answer so I can move on.
  5. G

I wouldn't decline full return either. But if this forces another delay of approval past Friday and the projected end of April start of the process, I will blame every one of those greedy idiots. It's refreshing coming here to see that for the most part, owners have their heads screwed on...
  6. G

I am done with some of those delusional pillocks on that FB page. Sending a letter direct could delay the process and con some of us who just want to get out as quickly and painlessly as possible.
  7. G

It should have finished today... I was bracing for things to get the green light, now I have to spend another hundred dollars on storage insurance for three months because people want more money. I thought just getting a deal was more than enough, and now I'm spending more money waiting. We've...
  8. G

I just want out. To hear that there is yet another delay is frustrating. Yes people are upset that their valuation on their high mileage car is low, but there are those who have been ready to cut their losses since the initial announcement. With how Canadian courts work, I wouldn't be surprised...
  9. G

Not holding my breath on the calculator, but according to my mileage value, I may end up pocketing money even though I still owe quite a bit on my 2012 hatch! Thanks for putting it together!
  10. G

VW is taking their car back from me regardless. They already made several mentions of mirroring the US settlement, anything less is another lie. Otherwise we've all held our breath for nothing.
  11. G

Shooting myself in the chest with a shotgun over how they say "on the 20th or sooner", but we all know that every single minute is going to be used to drag this into a multi-year court case?
  12. G

In a surprising turn of decent journalism, Jalopnik summed up the complaints and justifications for the details of the settlement. To be honest, if the finalization process drags out any longer, it will confirm my hatred of the Canadian court system for being too slow to act on certain cases...
  13. G

Someone posted the CBC piece to Reddit, and of course the neo-leftists there think we're all idiots because we "See our cars as investments" and we shouldn't be complaining since this is a "non-issue" in their eyes. I've been getting the same flak from people looking at this on the outside...
  14. G

More than ready to just turn this turd over to the dealership I bought it from and eat the losses. This delaying crap is hot garbage.
  15. G

So the Cleveland Browns will win a Super Bowl before we see anything because there's no government pressure?