gforce1108's latest activity

• gforce1108
    I'm on many facebook groups - TDI/B6 Passat/North American 3.0 TDI/Audi C7(A7) plus a bunch more. The constant repeat questions in...
  • gforce1108
    gforce1108 replied to the thread ALH Lift Pump.
    If it ran before - the timing isn't a problem unless it has jumped. You need to physically inspect it
  • gforce1108
    The retrofit kit from VW wasn't as great as expected. It did not work like the factory fogs. No cornering lights, no BCM bulb...
  • gforce1108
    The cam bolt spec is 33 ft-lbs? Some have had issues slipping so the recommendation has been 45 ft-lbs for the last 15 years or so...
  • gforce1108
    The coolant temp sensor for the engine does not have anything to do with the fans - it uses the switch in the radiator. Lots of info in...
  • gforce1108
    gforce1108 replied to the thread Going from 18" to 16" Wheels.
    I hated 16s on my passat. The stability control kicked on in every corner and it swayed way more that it should have. I should never...
  • gforce1108
    The newer LEDs with dual length LEDs to correct focal length actually work extremely well. They fit perfectly in reflector housings...
  • gforce1108
    I had tons of problems with his lights... bought 2 sets early on (2014). Cheap lights (one arrived broken because the projectors are...
  • gforce1108
    I started mine!!! Blew the diff in 2017 right after I bought my SLK and during construction of my garage. Brought it inside that winter...
  • gforce1108
    gforce1108 replied to the thread BEW O2 sensor....
    From what I've seen - the P2196 freeze frame data showed 0 load. Always occurred during engine braking where there is no fuel being...
  • gforce1108
    gforce1108 replied to the thread ALH Intake Cleaning.
    you aren't kidding there!!! Most of the ones I've done intake cleaning on have had little to no buildup in the head. One was driven in...
  • gforce1108
    gforce1108 replied to the thread ALH Intake Cleaning.
    You can do it safely with some preparation and caution. Rotate the engine until both valves are closed on that port - clean, vacuum and...
  • gforce1108
    gforce1108 replied to the thread PD BEW Hoodstack.
    go on the tdi scumbags facebook page - they all have them. Don't know why, but they do.
  • gforce1108
    gforce1108 replied to the thread Key will not turn ignition.
    Is the problem key from your other car? Hold the IMMO key by the column and use the key that turns to start it.
  • gforce1108
    gforce1108 replied to the thread BEW EGR delete.
    100% agreed! EGR isn't much a problem on these except for the flex pipes breaking (like mine did in 2008?). Too many think they'll get...