Recent content by Getriebe Guy

1. Getriebe Guy

Free Mk4 ALH 1JO 937 550 battery top fuse boxes

2 free (you pay shipping from 48128) fuse boxes that go on top of battery P/n 1J0 937 550 Both have small melt holes in cover from overheating but can be fixed or you can use the fuses that are in them.
  2. Getriebe Guy

Mk4 Euro Switch

VW dealer part Mk4 Euro Switch for sale. send email to tidygarage at gmail.com if interested and make me an offer I can't refuse
  3. Getriebe Guy

A4 Bosch Alternator New in metro Detroit $300 obo

New Bosch alternator for A4 $300 or best offer. In metro Detroit.
  4. Getriebe Guy

Wanted: A/C parts 03 Jetta TDI

need good deal on A/C condenser, dryer, etc. for fixing A/C on 2003 Jetta TDI plus advice/guidance on how to fix (links n stuff) Thx in advance
  5. Getriebe Guy

Wanted: A/C parts 03 Jetta TDI

need good deal on A/C condenser, dryer, etc. for fixing A/C on 2003 Jetta TDI plus advice/guidance on how to fix (links n stuff) Thx in advance
  6. Getriebe Guy

Help I ran my car out of fuel

I ran by 01 Jetta TDI out of fuel today. I know this can be a bad thing I hope it is not too bad. I searched but found little or nothing. I remember reading some info on how to fix it a couple of years ago but can't find it now. How do I address this? The car got towed home and is sitting...
  7. Getriebe Guy

FS: A4 Brake Master Cylinder

Brake master cylinder from A4 TDI. My mechanic replaced it but there was nothing wrong with it the problem was the booster and pedal. $40 or best offer. tidygarage@gmaildotcom email
  8. Getriebe Guy

2001 Golf GLS TDI for sale

2001 Golf GLS TDI 4 door. About 220,000 miles. Timing belt, pump, etc. professionally done by TDI expert at 180,000 miles. Automatic trans fluid changed by TDI expert (magnet was clean) at 190,000 miles. More facts: Car in SE Michigan metro Detroit area Black exterior/Gray interior Automatic...
  9. Getriebe Guy

Buying a TDI in Canada and registering/driving it in Michigan

I've imported two cars and plan to do another soon I've imported 2 Toyotas from Windsor to Detroit and will be bringing across a BMW soon. There are some hoops to jump through but it is doable. I had to get manufacturers letters on both cars that I brought across that showed they met EPA/DOT...
  10. Getriebe Guy

Rear Hatch on 01 Golf Won't Open ..Help

Thanks for the reply. I'll try to do it tomorrow.
  11. Getriebe Guy

OK I searched the forum and it appears I need to break plastic interior panel and get at the latch which has some linkage that is likely broken??
  12. Getriebe Guy

The rear hatch on my 01 Golf doesn't open since mid-winter when it was really cold. Any help on how to troubleshoot/fix this would be appreciated.
  13. Getriebe Guy

car just broke down in Windsor -help with where to get it fixed

my wife just broke down in Windsor (we live in Michigan) with her 03 Jetta TDI. No clutch friction. I felt a hitch in the clutch a couple days ago and called Marty Bergel to get the car in for repair and I know he is booked up for a month or so. Anybody have advice on where to get it fixed...
  14. Getriebe Guy

Check engine light on '01 Golf

go to Autozone and have them run the code I've been to autozone 6-8 times to have codes run and they are always very helpful. Once you get the code the people on the forum can help you. Autozone stock price AZO is ripping up so maybe good customer service is paying off for them. I had a bad...