Recent content by geostar

1. G

Water Pump replace w/out removing engine mount

I don't know the brand of the pump. But I requested a metal impeller one against the advice from the supplier. I didn't want another plastic impeller, because the factory one's impeller disconnected from the steel shaft.
  2. G

Water Pump replace w/out removing engine mount

Jetta ALH Is is possible to replace the water pump without removing the engine mount. I did a timing belt with a 200,000 mile kit with water pump and the pump just started leaking after 25,000 mile. I am hoping to replace just the pump and reuse the old belt. I have the tools and did the...
  3. G

divorce and title transfer

If there is no approved fix and I decide to continue to keep my car, can I get restitution. Is there any words in the court order regarding this? The responses from DanB36 and Growler seem to be in conflict. I am assuming that I can not claim restitution right now.
  4. G

Thanks guys, I am now convinced that I can do the buyback after title transfer based on your comments and after reading the FTC consent. I am not worried about crashing the car, but I am worried about the HPFP. And right now it is disabled with a turbo actuator failure. Can we really...
  5. G

That's great although it would be nice to hear that from a VW representative. The "expert" at my dealership said No because I didn't own the car before sept 2015. I got the same response when calling the phone number on the vwcourtsettlement.com. Can anyone point me to a document or text...
  6. G

My 2009 Jetta TDI is wife's name. Title and registration. We are getting a divorce soon. We have owned it since new. I would like to keep the car for myself because I love it and it has treated me well for 150,000 miles. Our divorce agreement has two options: 1. We opt for the buyout...
  7. G

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

What is the alternative? What will you buy after the EPA takes your 2010 away? Please answer! Hey, I dont like the reliability issues, but I would repeat this car unless you can enlighten me on somthing else that gives Economy, Longevity, and Performance.
  8. G

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

40X or 2.8 g/mile doesn't seem to make sense to me. Was this a maximum value measured by the university? Perhaps it was measured during a DPF regeneration when the fuel mixture is leaned out to raise the temperature of the exhaust gas. Maybe VW prevented DPF regeneration during emission...
  9. G

Let's not throw VW under the bus yet! We don't know all the facts. Let’s not forget that VW gave us what we all want? I view them as rebels, not criminals. Take a look at the top of this webpage. Fred has it right!! "Economy, Longevity, and Performance". Let’s not throw them under the...
  10. G

HPFP Failure?

It turned out to be the EGR valve. Dealer replaced it for $800. A rip-off, but I gladly paid to get my car back on the road.
  11. G

HPFP Failure?

Thank's on the comments on checking at the N290 fuel metering valve. I now agree based on your opinion and a second look at the schematic. I misinterpreted the schematic and I now see that this is a great place to check for particles because the valve is immediately downstream of the roller...
  12. G

HPFP Failure?

I live in Massachusetts, north of Boston. Does anyone know of a dealer in my area that has mechanics skilled with diagnosing the problem on my 2009 TDI?
  13. G

HPFP Failure?

My 2009 Jetta TDI has been disabled for more than two month now. It started in early February will intermittent lack of throttle response. After changing the fuel filter, the problem persisted. It would come and go and sometimes I couldn’t accelerate at a red light. Then all of a sudden...
  14. G

Avoid the 2009 model year!

My first was a Mk4 TDI that I still love. My 2009 Mk5, 6 speed is the best car I ever owned. So much torque and fun to drive. What is the alternative? Camry? Altima? Civic? No thanks for me. The 2009 Jetta TDI is marvelous, but in order to get it to the US market, VAG had to add a...
  15. G

Intake Manifold Flap Actuator, Cheap Fix

The intake flap is not covered under warranty. You may be confusing it with the Exhaust Flap, which is covered under warranty.