Recent content by Georges2015

1. G

Mk7 High Mileage Thread

169,500 in my 2015 as of today. Still chugging along!
  2. G

2015 Golf Phase 2 (A/B?)

Thank you! I know I have a hard copy.... somewhere. I think I'll take that and the printout showing the A kit was done up to the dealer, and see what they say at that point. Seems pretty black and white but it'll be interesting to see the response. Wonder why it wasn't done. I should have...
  3. G

2015 Golf Phase 2 (A/B?)

So I did do some searching, I apologize in advance if this has been answered and I'm too dumb to find it. 2015 Golf, 157k roughly. Had the phase 2 update completed when the car was in for some other work recently. I saw that the A kit was done, and was wondering why/if I do qualify for the B...
  4. G

Fuel flap fun

Ha. Fuel door, what an absolute pain in the rear end. I also had the staying locked thing, started about 2 winters ago. Very intermittent, then it just decided to stop locking forever. Then it stopped staying closed at all. Little twisty guy thing wouldn't stay in the shut position. Know how...
  5. G

Who’s going to Tesla after their current TDI?

Some new EVs are really cool. I have a roughly 125 mile a day work commute, and my TDI was bought to fill that purpose, as it's not my "normal" type of car. (I own a '72 Ford TBird, '75 Olds Ninety-Eight, and a '91 Dodge W-150). I imagine when the wheels finally fall off of this one (hoping for...
  6. G

Mk7 High Mileage Thread

Thanks for the quick answer! I got them from a guy with a 2013 GTI that was totaled and the owner never put them on. They were super cheap, and I don't think are too bad looking. George
  7. G

Mk7 High Mileage Thread

Had my "U" DRL go out as well. The ballast was the issue. I'll have to dig around and find the one I ordered. Dealer said the same thing about replacing the assembly (think I was quoted 1k?) Bought the ballast on eBay for 50 dollars. No problems since then. Edit: 4G0907697G was the number I...