Recent content by Geordi

1. Geordi

2in Trailer Hitch for 03 Jetta Wagon?

Sorry, no - but there's not much to see.
  2. Geordi

CR 140 CJAA race pipe

Likely just a check engine light, but the tune is worth it.
  3. Geordi

Have you ever cracked your MK6 TDI oil pan (and are skid plates worth it on these cars)?

I've got Panzer plates on both my wagons- the MKIV has been to the Grand Canyon and high-centered on an intersection there where buses had caused about a 4" deep rut on both tire tracks! There is ZERO chance that the oil pan would have survived that. My MKVI got the Panzer right after I bought...
  4. Geordi

CJAA Motor Leak - Front of Engine?

EGR valve isn't so much of an issue.... I hit a pothole a while back, and all that stuff just fell right off. I also don't have a warranty anymore and avoid stealerships like they have plague. I've had this one now for over 50k miles, so there's no reason to talk to a stealership ever again...
  5. Geordi

CJAA Motor Leak - Front of Engine?

I'm chasing the same thing right now - Based on the amount of filth built up, it is the oil filter housing / oil cooler gasket / housing-to-block gasket. My problem is figuring out how to disassemble the dang thing to GET to the filter housing. I've gotten the EGR and elbow stuff out of the way...
  6. Geordi

High mileage auto trannies -

You should talk to John at Import Performance Transmission... He built mine, and while I don't have exact HP numbers, I have a Malone tune and DLC injectors and have used my 03 to tow a Jeep Liberty on a tow dolly (so about 5k lbs) and the transmission temperature (non-computer gauge) never rose...
  7. Geordi

Why Doesn't the Mk6 Jetta Get Any Love?

My 2014 wagon TDI is a worthy successor to my 03 wagon.... And my sister is about to take on the wagon with over 411k on the body and 300k on the motor! (auto trans is from IPT in NJ and has around 30k on it, strong and FAST) The only issue I had with the ALH was an injector that started...
  8. Geordi

White Diesel

All liquids are non compressible (That doesn't mean that you can't generate massive pressure loads with it however) but in all cases WATER is not combustible in an engine. I've never heard of any kind of "water emulsion" idea but since oil and water don't mix - this seems destined to cause major...
  9. Geordi

Jetta 2014 sportswagon rear lift

IDparts.com has them - the set is very nice, I did those, plus the Tiguan front springs and Koni specials all around. Raised the car by about 1.5" and the ride is great. I planned to install Airlift bags (which do NOT lift, they just "lock" the spring height when inflated so you pump them up...
  10. Geordi

Jetta Wagon or Golf TDI; which are good years? Which to avoid?

I've got a 2003 wagon in great shape and a staggering collection of parts and spares to go with... LMK if you are interested and we can go from there.
  11. Geordi

How bad is the smell after DPF delete?

I thought I would care about the smell or that it would be an issue so initially I left the second cat in place instead of using the full Rawtek pipe. I actually went a bit custom and bought a set of the v-band rings and welded the pipe so that I could keep that cat or swap the straight pipe in...
  12. Geordi

Repurposing CP3 pumps

What about a CP3 from a VM Motori? That's a 2.8 liter engine, the pump isn't much larger than the pulley itself...
  13. Geordi

Airlift 1000 Install DIY

It's been a long time since I did the MKIV, but I believe it was the same kit.
  14. Geordi

Airlift 1000 Install DIY

The reason the ride height doesn't change when you inflate / deflate is that these are not "lift" bags, they are effectively "lock" bags. You are supposed to inflate them BEFORE you load the suspension up (with people / cargo / etc) and they will keep the suspension at the correct height and...
  15. Geordi

Suggestions for tires?

I got Bridgestone Ecopias from Costco on mine, pretty happy with them and was able to get them to sell me a size up from stock so they are a bit taller.