Recent content by GenoBluzGtr

1. G

Bluetooth and Blackberry Curve

My BB Curve 9330 works fine with my 2012 Jetta 513 w/ Nav. Just had to go step by step in the manual. one thing I have found is that there is sometimes interference between the Sirius and the bluetooth. My Sirius stopped working, called them and they sent a "re-activiation" signal several...
  2. G

Must have accessories

I think this is a legit "accessory" question... I saw in a link someone provided about the Pela 6000 oil extractor... it said it only worked for 1999 -2005 Jettas... why won't it work for the MKIV ? (I have a 2012 Jetta). Is there a different model that works for my car?
  3. G

Unbelievable!

Okay... first long trip w/ my Jetta (1000 mile round trip from Maryland to South Carolina and back. On the way down (Good Friday), way too much traffic to give it a fair shake. Lot's so of backups and stop-n-go... but still averaged 42 mpg... Today, on the return trip, I did everything I could...
  4. G

Sunroof Issue??

No... it will only open in the "Vent" position. No rocking of the switch in any direction will close it. It DOES close once I twist it the "slide" open position then twist the other way to close it.
  5. G

Maryland-ers ?

Newbie here.... just bought a 2012 Jetta TDI Premium w/ Nav. I live in Southern Maryland (St Mary's County), but work in Arlington VA, so I am all over the southern half of the state daily. Any other SoMD TDI'r's here?
  6. G

Sunroof Issue??

Thanks for the tip, Mike. After reading your post, I went out and tried it, but still nothing. The "Down" position seems to be dead. likely a wire or something, but since it's new (and not a critical thing, since I CAN get it closed), I will have the dealer fix it. Anyone else have this...
  7. G

Sunroof Issue??

newbie, w/ a new 2012 Jetta TDI Premium. Not sure if this is an issue or not, but the owners manual seems to confirm: Sunroof works in the "slide open/closed" mode fine. It opens in the "vent" position fine, but pulling down on the control does NOT close it (owners manual is vague, but...
  8. G

Unbelievable!

Only had mine for a little while, but I drive tons of miles. I have noticed that if you keep the RPMs between 1600 and 2200, it maximizes the mpg... that's about 50-65 mph in 6th gear, so if you are relegated to those speeds (or the equivalent speeds for lower gears in traffic), I believe it...
  9. G

nytimes - The cost of higher fuel economy

Heard this touted on Rush Limbaugh's show. Thanks for posting the link. I have a friendly "competition" with some friends who own hybrids (2012 Camry, 2012 Escape) that will definitely show this to!
  10. G

how much did you pay?

Same car for the same price, here. Just a week ago! I got mine in Black (only difference). Other options mentioned above are the same. So far I love it, but it's still honeymoon season. The MSRP was $28,877, I paid $26, 075. Also did the 0.9% financing.... only paying $600 for finance...