Recent content by general lee

1. G

Canadian online parts

thanks everyone
  2. G

Canadian online parts

Anyone know of a good online supplier of parts in Canada. I live in a remote area, and its easier to get parts shipped.
  3. G

In line heater install

thanx coalminer, I think I will buy one and get a friend to help me install it. Looks easy enough but I always run into trouble somewhere. On another topic I work in a coal mine as well, in tumblerridge bc. canada. World is a small place.
  4. G

In line heater install

thanx, will look into it.
  5. G

In line heater install

I bought a in line heater to install, it says its suppose to go in the lower rad hose. This hose goes into the front of the block and that is where the thermostat is, I have been told the fluid will not pass thru the thermostat while it is closed, so I am confused. 1. the lower rad hose goes to...
  6. G

Anyone know the i.d. of rad hose

thanks you are the man, you know these cars so well, I'm always impressed with you knowledge. thanks again
  7. G

Anyone know the i.d. of rad hose

Looking to get the id of the rad hoses for a 2001 jetta tdi. Wanting to install a in line heater that circulates the coolant fluid for winter plug in's. Instead of using a block heater.
  8. G

block heater vs. inline coolant heater

Thank you Thanks to all that have replied, I believe I will go ahead with the coolant heater, I had one in my propane truck years ago and it was really nice and did an excellent job. However in the diesel I was unsure if this was OK. But all sounds well. Thanks again for the many replies and...
  9. G

block heater vs. inline coolant heater

I am looking for opinions as to which is better, inline coolant heaters vs. block heaters. 2001 Jetta TDI - 1.9L probably going to have to park it outside during winter, here in Alberta, Canada Thanks to all who reply.
  10. G

***help***no Heat***freezin***

thanks
  11. G

wow, the vw gods are smile'in upon me today I figured it out on my own. The lights no longer blink when locking or unlocking, HURAW!!
  12. G

can anyone help decipher this?? What I'm trying to do is NOT have my signal/marker light flash when I lock or unlock the car. 46 - Central Convenience: -- KWP1281Only on vehicles with power windows. VAG-COM fine. There are numerous options/ features that can be set.Selective Unlocking: [Select]...
  13. G

FAQ? One side signal/marker lights stuck on, after locking/arming

can anyone help decipher this. ( i don't want my signal/marker lights to flash when I unlock or lock my doors with the remote) I so don't understand this: 46 - Central Convenience: -- KWP1281Only on vehicles with power windows. VAG-COM fine. There are numerous options/ features that can be...
  14. G

I found it, now i need to figure out what they're saying
  15. G

So I'll order up a new fan. Now while I waiting on that, has anyone tried to disable the marker/signal lights from flashing when the car is locked with the remote. And by disable, I mean turning off the feature with Vag Com??