Recent content by gearmar

1. gearmar

Clutch drags on engine when coasting in neutral

I believe you are correct. My IQ was reading 1.8. With VCDS, I got it to 3 and the engine sounds much better. Just for fun, I changed the fuel filter and it went to 3.5, but the number is wobbling all over the place. But it never goes below 2.8. Originally, I was thinking that the new clutch was...
  2. gearmar

I've got 295,000 on the car. I want to get another 100,000. From this post, looks like I've got 2 things, (1), the IQ settings, and (2), rebuilding the injectors. And it sounds like perhaps I should think that the clutch replacement is unrelated to the slowdown shudder. The LUK clutch kit...
  3. gearmar

I replaced with a LUK 17050 clutch kit which includes the flywheel. The specs do not give the weight of the flywheel. The injectors were cleaned twice by the VW dealer. Last cleaning was about 3 years ago, and they did not say anything about the age of the injectors. Do you think its something...
  4. gearmar

My injectors are original OEM. I've had them cleaned several times in the past. I believe my VCDS has a readout for IQ, so l will research that. If it turns out to be an IQ adjustment, I will be scratching my head on how the injector problem would happen with 2 weeks of replacing the clutch.
  5. gearmar

I have a 2003 Golf. 5 speed manual transmission. Everything worked perfectly after I replaced the clutch, flywheel, release bearing, clutch fork, new VW OEM gear oil, and brake fluid. Now, after 2 weeks, I have a problem. When the car is moving slowly/coming to a stop, I put transmission in...
  6. gearmar

Which MityVac to buy

I see a bunch of different MityVac models at their website. Any recommendation on which one to buy? I want to bleed the diesel system, bleed the brakes, and bleed the clutch. There will be no other use for it, that I know of right now. Thanks