Recent content by GearGuy2014

1. G

SOLD - 2015 Passat TDI SE w/ 89K Miles (DSG) - Platinum Grey - Northern IL

*SOLD* One-Owner 2015 Passat TDI SE - 89700miles Includes remainder of VW Dieselgate warranty (June 2026 or 162k miles total based on original In Service Date of June 2015) Platinum Grey w/ Black Leatherette Interior (One small nick on drivers seat but overall 9/10 - Heated Front Seats)...
  2. G

2015 CVCA Performance (vs current 14 CJAA Stage 3)

See the issue is I have a Stage 3 Jetta and I do occasionally drive my parents stock Passat- it just wont do as a daily LOL Oh its a riot - I was toying with a 2023 GTI on the highway the other day and I think it shocked him. He never really pulled on me which has me wonder if he was really...
  3. G

2015 CVCA Performance (vs current 14 CJAA Stage 3)

I have a bit of a conundrum and could use some differing opinions. Currently I have a 14 Jetta with a CR170, owned since new with all the DSG service, Tbelt replaced, regular oil changes. Lowered on H&R Sports, New Struts, New tires at 150k, its been maintained very well. However its sitting on...
  4. G

Fall 2021 Cruise/GTG in Sturgeon Bay, WI

I will try to keep this date on my radar as a possibility. Might make sense to head up Friday as I'm about 230 Miles from the starting point.
  5. G

Build Update CJAA

Wow just ran across your build - this thing looks awesome! I'm Stage 3 and this looks like an animal in comparison! Also Im located in Northern IL, not sure where abouts in Wisconsin you are near.
  6. G

2012 Jetta TDI (with "Fix") sputters & dies after starting

I would bet this is intercooler icing/melting issue. Had this same thing happen and it usually appeared after cold spell and then having car in warm garage or quick warm up. Car would be very tough to keep running and sometimes sputter and die even though this should have been fixed on 2014.
  7. G

CP3 Kits

Im not sure if 2Micron is making them anymore due to a lack of interest. I had contacted him earlier this year as I was interested in the 2Micron Filter system and I had found a post he was looking for a Stage 3 tester (for the filter) however he was looking into how he could sell me one of...
  8. G

Brake bleeding sequence questions?

Not OP but I bought the ECS Tuning kit for brakes and it has worked out well for my 14 Jetta and my parents 15 Passat. I would suggest getting the below version because its $10 more then mine and includes the stuff to do a DSG Flush...
  9. G

EGR Delete

On the engine side you have to close off the exhaust port (on the header) and on the intake side you are blocking off where the EGR connects back to the intake. So yes you do need the block off plates.
  10. G

2.0 Gen 1 post fix impressions, issues, etc.

The 40k mile service is one of the bigger services and I paid $500 for mine which was a deal as the dealership I bought my car from wanted $750 for the 40k.
  11. G

Bad Fuel or Anyone else experiencing Long Cranking with Fix (14 Jetta)

It seemed to be resolved a bit when I put in a premium diesel but I did still get it once even with that so Im not sure what might be causing it. Sort of glad Im not the only one seeing this issue.
  12. G

Hmm ok I topped off with some good diesel tonight so hopefully that resolves it. It does seem like it regens alot more often - do you feel the same way?
  13. G

Maybe I just got a batch of bad diesel but ever since the fix (two weeks ago) I've had 4-5 starts that are taking 6-7 seconds of cranking to start. Normally the car fires right up and I only experienced this once a year ago with what I believed to be bad diesel. I'm on my second tank and I have...
  14. G

2009 JSW parts: VCDS,17" wheels/tires, and more. SE Wisconsin

Would these has tpms sensors in them? Im right near the IL/WI border where I90 crosses so Milwakuee isnt far. Will Send PM just incase.