Recent content by GASDAG

1. GASDAG

2002 Jetta TDI Manual Sedan Silver, $6k Columbus, Ohio 43212

Bump. Clean vincheck report now available showing no accidents, craigslist ad updated.
  2. GASDAG

2002 Jetta TDI Manual Sedan Silver, $6k Columbus, Ohio 43212

Just posted my car on craigs. PM me or email me from craigs. Thanks. https://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/d/columbus-2002-volkswagen-jetta-tdi/6840799484.html
  3. GASDAG

WTB ALH upper intercooler pipe

1J0145762 Or 1J0145770T Part numbers. Looking for good condition upper intercooler pipe including the clamps and rubber elbows that go with it, shipped to 43212. Please PM me price and details. Thx
  4. GASDAG

Part out 02 jetta tdi auto

I’m looking for the upper intercooler pipe and clamps that go with it. Please advise on condition and price shipped to 43212. Thx
  5. GASDAG

Rear door lock problem

I have a similar issue that I wanted to throw out to you all who have worked on lock issues. I tried to start the car, 2002 Jetta, on a bitterly cold afternoon without any frostheater plugged in and the car wouldn't start. I cranked on it perhaps more than I should have before giving up...
  6. GASDAG

Who has a highly modified Passat?

thanks, that's what I'm looking for. Who has upgraded the turbo, clutch, axles etc? Don't seem to see any build threads for big power Passats. I have done all this on my mk4 but I want a bigger more comfortable car and just can't deny how much I enjoy a manual diesel.
  7. GASDAG

Who has a highly modified Passat?

I'm considering picking up a 2015 Passat SE manual. I'd like to see anyone's build threads with Stage 2-3+ in their manual passats. Could be 2012-current, though I am specifically considering 2015's as they are what is available. Just looking to see what parts and pictures, what have they...
  8. GASDAG

Passat 6mt cruising rpm

Thanks Brian. Exactly what I needed! No need for a taller 6th indeed! I'd say I average 82-85mph on most morning commutes, and at 2100-2250 rpm, what more could you ask? In my mk4 with stock gearing, going 85mph means 2900-3000 rpm and a lot of noise and poor mpg.
  9. GASDAG

Passat 6mt cruising rpm

Does anyone have the cruising rpm's listed somewhere for high highway speeds? In 6th gear on the highway, what is the engine rpm at 65, 75, 85, and 95 mph? And if they make one, has anyone installed a taller 6th gear?
  10. GASDAG

SoCal people- summarize emissions testing for me?

Yep EGR was removed when I did the tune, the valve is still there but it's turned off but the anti shudder valve is still functioning. I actually sold all my associated piping and the cooler. There is a block off plate now. So I'd have to buy those parts again, reinstall, go back to my tuner...
  11. GASDAG

SoCal people- summarize emissions testing for me?

Hello I've been doing some searching but I thought I would ask you guys directly as well. I'm considering a move to SoCal, it would be in either LA County or Orange County. My 2002 ALH has larger aftermarket injector nozzles, Malone tune, and EGR work, but has the full factory exhaust...
  12. GASDAG

FS: 03 Jetta Central OH 161k

What did you test drive? I have nearly the same car except mine is pretty much all fixed up. If my turbo goes out, I'm going to go for the vnt17 and full exhaust. I'd also like to get one of these depreciating common rails 2012-2014 golf manual with a big turbo and clutch, but im waiting for...
  13. GASDAG

Interior trim feels soft and sticky? Peeling?

I tried to clean off my soft touch trim and managed to melt/ruin the pieces in some cleaner that was apparently too strong. Ended up ordering something like this from EBay chinesium. Fits just fine, and has been holding up better than the OEM soft touch that's for sure...
  14. GASDAG

2002 Golf GLS TDI 6 speed Manual For Sale 86k miles

Any interior pics? Looks like black cloth?