Recent content by gardentender

1. G

Cold Weather or Old Age: Trunk Release Spastic

it probably doesn't happen to drivers in Hawaii, either. thanks for your cogent comments.
  2. G

Highest Mileage TDI

2001 Jetta GL 5 spd, 226K+ miles it keeps getting low on fuel at about 700-720 miles
  3. G

my glow plug light stated flashing

flashing glow plug lights also indicate that the car likes you it's cyber-flirting
  4. G

Cold Weather or Old Age: Trunk Release Spastic

2001 Jetta GL TDi, with custom tire valve stems, 226K+ miles since new in August 2000. Rather cold and icy this morning in Dallas; when starting the engine, just as the "key" and it's electronic fob are turned to begin the ignition sequence, the trunk relase activates with the familiar...
  5. G

Irregular, stuttering-rough ALH idle

MItyVac and pull a vacuum on that EGR valve and see if it holds vacuum you've lost me there. is this a cheap, easily purchased tool, or something esoteric a shop would have. are we talking about the vacuum line to the top of the EGR pot? if so, the mechanic reattached that using only a...
  6. G

"actually a swap of my dirty intake for clean use one, with new intake manifold" should read ". . . clean USED . . . with new intake manifold GASKET" is it just tonight or this posting/editing system this cow-like all the time? could NOT get the original message to edit at all.
  7. G

219,000+ mile 2001 Jetta GL, manual transmission, PP520 nozzles at around 213K miles (no problems then), Corrado VR6/G90 clutch, intake cleaning (actually a swap of my dirty intake for clean use one, with new intake manifold) at 216K miles. Went on a trip of approximately 2600 miles over a...
  8. G

Notice the Diesel prices?

at a Love's truck stop on I-35 south of Oklahoma City this morning, petro diesel was advertised at $2.299 per gallon. down the road i filled up with B20 in Fort Worth at $2.499/gal. nearby stations had D2 at 10 to 30 cents higher. go figure.
  9. G

OT: Humor with Diesel reference ...

Dave D, you're far too serious for your own, or anyone else's, good.
  10. G

VW TDI vanity plate ideas?

NO GAS or CAR TAG
  11. G

Jiffy Lube Killed my Jetta!!!!!????? HELP

next time, take the car to Krispy Kreme donuts and wear a KICK ME sign. you'll get better results.
  12. G

Driveby Video. About 120mph.

looks a bit like the interstate highway portion of my daily drive to work here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area . . .
  13. G

Wired: Mixed Views on Diesel Hybrids

i must be spoiled. cannot begin (or end) to count the number of service stations here in Texas that have diesel as an option on EVERY automated pump, on EVERY island.
  14. G

Skid plates and noise attenuation

just wondering if a clean, used ALH EGR valve would fit my fireplace.
  15. G

100 mph to 120 mph

not at all, you could run it all day at that speed, unless your fellow citizens objected. however, that last mod on your list could give some lateral stability problems in steady crosswinds. take it easy.