Recent content by g-wagen

1. G

Sad but true.

I just lurk here occasionally for old times sake. Still have my 2014 Touareg tdi, just had it neutered last week. 165,000kms and counting will be keeping it to the bitter end. Had to buy a new 3/4 ton truck last fall for the farm between driving it and the Touareg I was missing having a...
  2. G

VW Canada Settlement - $2.1 Billion

My 2010 went in on Tuesday, cheque was promptly handed over and I skipped out of the building. Into the T-Reg and drove directly to the BMW and Subaru lots for a look see. No decisions as of yet, I still have 4 or 5 other cars and a motorcycle and an airplane and.... do I need another car...
  3. G

VW Canada Settlement - $2.1 Billion

My dealer says as long as it's complete and gets on their lot under its own power.
  4. G

2014 Touareg TDI

Sure I'll keep you in mind. Trade for a VMS installed?? ;)
  5. G

2014 Touareg TDI

I really doubt we will get a buyback. And I really can't see them being able to force a buyback especially when they don't want to. Tregs cost a lot more than golfs and jettas. They really don't want to fork out that cash if they can help it. I think they are trying very hard and so far all...
  6. G

2014 Touareg TDI

I have a 2014 Execline 3.0L T-reg. Bought it new. It has been an excellent vehicle mechanically. Hasn't had a wrench on it in 95,000km Everything about it is top notch. The ride quality, handling, performance, towing etc. The interior is very good, but as I also have had a Audi A6 and S5 and...
  7. G

Top Gear Patagonia Christmas Special on BBC iPlayer now!

That's in part two just up now!
  8. G

Top Gear Patagonia Christmas Special on BBC iPlayer now!

As the title says! Just watched the first part, up to their usual awesomeness!!!!!
  9. G

DEF consumption

$2 per liter from the dealer. The local husky station has it for .55 bulk
  10. G

DEF consumption

Jus thought you guys might be curious to know, since February when I bought the touareg new, I've put 21,000km on it and just filled up the def tank with 20L So slightly less that 1L per 1000km. I thought that was pretty good.
  11. G

Drove a 2015 Golf yesterday

OP, I am not surprised you have some speeding tickets, the 335d is a veritable rocket ship for a diesel. I understand in la belle provence the stunt driving law is only 30 over the limit instead of 50 like we have here in ontario. Wouldn't be hard to exceed that. I was driving my 2014 tdi...
  12. G

Interesting info about Ontario drive clean.

The heavy truck etest is very forgiving. My old international is a stink old oil burning bucket yet got a very good score on the test. Only had to test it the first time as I imported it from Massachusetts then farm plated it, no more etests!
  13. G

anyone selling their tdi ?

I believe he is saying that it will take two tanks of gas to equal 1 tank of diesel. So every time you fill up with diesel you are "saving" $70 that you would have otherwise spent on petrol. It was worded a little confusingly. That said, I don't think you would be able to get consistently...
  14. G

I think I need a pick up

I'm speaking in imperial gallons not US, this is canada after all. Gotta use the Queen's measures!
  15. G

I think I need a pick up

You'll need a half ton, forget any of the obsolete ranger/bx crap, and anything for 7000 in the japanese range is going to be pretty run out. You will have almost no choice but to go with an automatic and out of a half ton of any manufacture I wouldn't count on anything better than 15-22mpg...