Recent content by fxdrider

1. F

Emissions Fix & Check Engine Light

That dealer is full of #$%@. I have the warranty in front of me and it specifically says in the "Parts Covered Under Warranty" section - "The entire exhaust gas after treatment system, including the Diesel Oxidation Catalytic Convertor (DOC), the NOx Reduction Catalytic Converter, the Diesel...
  2. F

Dealing with Dealerships for Post-Fix Warranty

It's been just over 2 months since the "fix" was performed on my '09 Sportwagen. It's run like a top...until yesterday. Glow plug lamp lit and CEL. Occasionally runs rough now. Calling the stealership today. Can't wait to see what rigamarole lies in store for me this time.
  3. F

So, Cleaner Now?

It'll be the 48,000 for me, and I'll burn through it in about a year and a half. That's fine. Meanwhile, I'm tickled to have my car back!
  4. F

So, Cleaner Now?

For cars that receive the "fix", they should be in compliance with emissions regulations now. I would therefore assume that they should be less likely to have fouled diesel particulate filters and exhaust flaps and all that other good stuff our Cheat-DI's would throw codes for. Perhaps remain in...
  5. F

Tones/Beeps

Eureka! I found the answer (and subsequently FEEL SO STUPID!!!) The tones are emanating from the Pioneer head unit. They are an alarm to remind me to remove the Front Panel. Deactivating is a simple menu setting. Back to normal.....
  6. F

At Long Last - The Fix!

I drove in with the Engine Control/Engine Management light (Also for the exhast flap), the Diesel Particulate Filter light, and the Glow Plug light all prominently lit. They never mentioned it! The only thing I had to pay for was a missing battery cover, which they said would cause it to fail...
  7. F

Tones/Beeps

I doubt it. Other than power, antenna, and connection to the stock speakers, there's no other inter-connection between the radio unit and the car. No functional interaction either. Yours truly. I used one of the install kits from Crutchfield. It installed easily with no problems at all. I...
  8. F

Tones/Beeps

I asked this over in the Dieselgate forum, but as yet no answers. I just had the Emissions "Fix" applied to my 2009 Jetta Sportwagen last week. Since I got the car back, I've noticed that when I shut the car off, I hear 5 short high-pitched tones or beeps. It doesn't matter whether key is still...
  9. F

At Long Last - The Fix!

It's been a long road...getting from there to here.. (theme from from Star Trek Enterprise). Just got my 2009 Jetta Sportwagen TDI back from the dealer last Friday after its "fix". This is the 4th day I've been driving it, and so far - so good. All in all, I'd say I'm pleased. I expected to...
  10. F

Am I Blind? Or...

Where can you find that? They must publish it somewhere, I would think. (I know - there I go...thinking again!) Curious it's not on their website. Almost as if they don't want you to know.
  11. F

Am I Blind? Or...

...does the VW website not say anything aboout their warranty? I swear I can't find it anywhere on their site. I even used their search function, and all that came up was a page about their certified pre-wned VW's having 2 yr./24,000 mile warranty. I was just wondering what their warranty...
  12. F

Feeling a bit Bent Over The Table right now

That's exactly the word I was thinking!:D
  13. F

Feeling a bit Bent Over The Table right now

Yeah, that would've been nice. I'm pretty sure they didn't take the time to actually disassemble the system to examine the severity of the clog (or alleged clog). They'd have a lot of labor hours into it then and would risk not getting paid for said hours if I declined the repair, which I did...