Recent content by FXDL

1. F

540 Rat Real world oil testing

That goes for pretty much out here and for all other sites who claim they know about oils when they ready know nothing and think they do. Most people who claim here and any other site that they know about oils have no real proof of what they are talking about. They have no way of testing and...
  2. F

Replaced Battery, Now Lots of Electrical Issues

You might want to try taking both the negative then positive cables off and touching them together for 15 minutes. My understanding is that is discharges every thing for a fresh start. If you goole it, it will explain it better for you. Check it out, as maybe will help you.
  3. F

2015 Jetta CVCA TDI ground points

I measured the volt across the battery when running and it is 14.19 volts. I measured between the positive and using the AC return line as a ground and it shows 14.24 volts, strange showing higher volts. By the way what is all of the electronic items, sensors that are part of the battery hold...
  4. F

Getting a lot of codes, so I want to ensure all the grounds are good. If bad grounds, I would think ECM, etc would not get proper readings and therefore engine codes would start showing up. Have to start some where. So I figure start with all the ground points and ensure they are making good...
  5. F

Does anyone have a true schematic of all the ground points locations on a 2015 Jetta CVCA TDI? Most thankful for it.
  6. F

MK6 Jetta TDI hard to start one time then fires up next with one key turn all in summer Tenn weather, why?

Check to see if your car has the BEM, Battery Electrical Maintenance system, then it requires recoding, as you did install a new battery correct. If it requires the the recoding and was not done the computer will do strange things as I understand. For a car that will not restart after...
  7. F

With battery replaced on 2015 Jetta TDI is BEM coding required?

Replaced battery on my 2015 Jetta TDI CVCA . Does it have the BEM and therefore the the car requires recoding for the new battery that has been installed. I can't seem to find, if my car even has the BEM.on it and requires anything to let the car computer know there was a new battery installed...
  8. F

Post Fix Gen1 Code P2002

K&N filter. Had one on a motorcycle before, the cone type on a Harley. Used spray 9 to clean it, rinsed well with water and used hair drier to fast dry it and used ATF to recharge it. All their recharge kit is like the same as I used. Their recharge kit like 20 dollars or more for spray nine in...
  9. F

Noisy ticking idle only when warm

What you using for engine oil? I hope good quality oil. I use Mobil 1 5w30 ESP. A lot of oils out there are ****, like Castrol oils are garbage. Anyways for what it's worth try the Mobil 1 5w30 ESP, in my opinion is is one of the top oils to use. You do not need a 5w40 oil. Your car like my 2015...
  10. F

2015 Jetta TDI Exhaust Flap

Anyone change R&R one. It's welded to the cat outlet and bolted at it's outlet with a coupling. Cut it out at the inlet of it and plum in replacement. Anyone done it out here? VW only sells it as one piece with cat., at 2600.00 retail here.
  11. F

Diesel price...

Calgary alberta was 188.9 for diesel a week ago.
  12. F

MK6 Golf TDI timing belt replacement recommendations in Ottawa area?

For what it's worth when you get it done, have them install the water pump without the variable type water pump. The pump from Febi has no shroud on it and it pumps all the time. If the shroud on the pump fails to work , costly for sure. There was a test done with and without the variable...
  13. F

Safely certified car every 2 year in Ontario

I am sure it will be a money grab for garages doing certification to some extent.
  14. F

Safely certified car every 2 year in Ontario

Should read safety test every 2 years.