Recent content by fwthompson

1. F

Kerma tune + vibration

Sad ending for me. Had to get the refund due to the attitude shown above. Alot of these vw's have similar parts in them, vw planned that for easy production for them and to save on R&D, think about it for a logical second. I dont claim to know it all, but i have had a few cars in piles in my...
  2. F

Kerma tune + vibration

Correct. But quite a coincidence they both suffer similar issues after a tune. I just want to build relationships with these vendors so we both can get quality from our time and money. There's enough guys out there who just want our cash then there gone, i can't do more business with those...
  3. F

Kerma tune + vibration

I have a 06 jetta brm dsg with the exact same issue as "mercdude". I have torn this jetta down to scratch and built it back up as my daily driver for long distances. This is my 3rd built of this model and year so its not like it my first try. Check my long signature. And thanks to all on here...
  4. F

2006 jetta brm motor let go 93k Why?

Of course people who think they are "professionals" will never claim otherwise. Some of the best mechanics are shade tree guys that are willing to think outside the ASE way and throw their own style in. Keep with the GURU list here and have a happy VW experience.
  5. F

Should I change my dsg fluid?

I just bought a 06 Jetta dsg with 129k on it. I believe the dsg fluid was never changed. I serviced the dsg and the fluid was tinted and had a bit of gold glitter in it. It shifts fine and all, except for a slight noise on downshifting from 3 to 2, just clicks a bit. . I would just fallow...
  6. F

2006 jetta BRM motor and pd150 injectors.

I have a straight pipe for egr but no exhaust. Which one were you referring to?
  7. F

I also have a GQQ manuel transmission with 90k that i was going to use as a conversion and never did.
  8. F

I have a Brm motor from my 2006 jetta that came out of it at 132k. The block has pd150 pistons in it and all rebuilt internals. Removed it because the head bolt holes developed micro cracks, engine block side. The head is rebuilt also and new seals. I also have a new set of pd150 injectors with...
  9. F

BRM Turbo Actuator Replacement Experiment?

Malone tuning can turn off the sensor input then you will be able to use a different turbo without getting a code for the turbo.
  10. F

Brm White smoke at operating temp.

Yes the block is cracked at the head bolt hole in center front hole. Near gravity oil return cavity. The coolent is contaminating the oil only because the crack is near the gravity return. Im woundering if the arp studs were a bad idea after all. Maybe a small amount of fluid was passed in the...
  11. F

Another update on this car. The problems have gotten alot worse and recently i have started to have alot of coolent loss, the Provent has kept the coolent out of my oil and kept it from contaminating too badly. I tore it down thinking it was a head gasket issue but upon reinstallation i still...
  12. F

turbo problems after replacement

Look up turbo actuator leak. Theres a few places that sell just the actuator by it self. To test yours you can apply vacum to the port on the side of the actuator where your vac hose plugs in. The actuator should begin to throw,move, with little vac and continue to move as more is applied. I...
  13. F

06 Jetta Smoking and Bucking?

What is your timing showing on the VAG COM, also did you adjust the turbo actuator rod at all when the car was apart. Look at both those and maybe even view the turbo on the graph mode in vag to see how it lines up.
  14. F

Quick update, The car has 13,000 miles on the new motor now and still runs good. It has alot of smoke on start up in cold weather until it gets to operating temp. Get very strong Mpg, 55-60 on the freeway. I still suspect theres a injector leak due to injector bore wear i found when installing...
  15. F

I have yet to solve this problem. However after the injector change out, the smoke did decrease. I found a small amount of wear in the bore holes and i suspect theres injector leak. The MPG is so good that i cannot justify tearing it apart, so i think i will drive it till it shows its head.