Recent content by fuslit

1. F

$8,000 -- 98 jetta glx ahu tdi swap

post bump and price drop. Its been a long summer and one in which I have not had time to work on all the projects I wanted to (this being one of them)
  2. F

Post Bump and price drop based on finding a couple things. first being some rust which was not there before the end of winter on the car, as well as the AC not holding a vacuum (which is a bit of an unknown as to what will need to be replaced to fix.) Priced what I consider is a fair price drop...
  3. F

Some more info on the car: - it has a 2.5" stainless down pipe back. (no cat.) - stainless brake lines - replaced the steering rack when I did the swap with a new one. - r32 control arm bushings - sway bars - H&R Cup kit - ecode headlights - and more as I remember what else is on this thing.
  4. F

Thanks, not quite sure what you'd like to see. So here's a shot of the back side when I was putting things together. (essentially this is a 6 runner intake which fits the exhaust port pattern of the tdi head. It has the outside two runners cut off, then I had a buddy tig weld a block off plate...
  5. F

$5,500 -- 98 jetta glx ahu tdi swap Well, unfortunately this has sat most of the summer since I'm car pooling in my other tdi and I've found I really don't have the time I hoped to work on it, I'm dropping price again to $5,500 / trade* obo *Trade for a compact tractor -- 98 jetta glx ahu tdi...
  6. F

98 jetta tdi into 98 jetta glx

I'm not saying that you don't. I also agree with both of the statements about the length of the gusset as well as the engine mount (which had to be cut to fit the turbo) is the probable cause of this failure, I'll be re-designing the rubber mount part with something more substantial Agreed...
  7. F

The mount had between 5-8k miles (more or less) miles on it. never 'abused' in terms of hard launches or autocross. How long have you been running your mount? (note: I'm glad your mount is still trouble free as it looks to be similar thickness/design to the one I was running that failed.) -T
  8. F

as mentioned I've currently got a broken motor mount. I had a overseas trip that happened right before christmas (when the mount failed, the motor dropped and has crushed my VNT actuator and punctured the silicone elbow on the turbo.) Kyle explained he had finished closing down his business a...
  9. F

Had some weird boost issues, thought it was vacuum line or N75 related... dug into it and have a broken motor mount. I'll update more once I chat with Kyle from performance-diesel.com -T
  10. F

TDI toyota pickup conversion

Hello, i'm interested in the truck, I've sent you a txt, but I'll shoot you an email as well. -Todd
  11. F

FS: 2010 Golf TDI 2-dr 6-speed manual (YPSILANTI, MI!!)

My wife has started about a year long contract job where she'll be driving 2hrs one way to get there. Her car has about 245k on it right now and it's the type of job where she needs to be there, not get 1/2 way (not that her car is in bad shape, but ... well I would feel more comfortable if...
  12. F

I ran it for a bit checked for leaks, cleared the codes that were in place on the ecu and nothing returned (success) it sounds great, seemed very responsive to the initial throttle blip, doesn't smoke at idle (that's good right?) - bleed brakes/clutch, adjusted the shifter, and put some cv axle...
  13. F

egt wire / probe installed after some messing around pulling the engine in/out I was able to get it where things fit more or less got the front mount in place with minimal problems (but had to mess with the bolt placement because of the rear engine mount. It did not line up with things and...
  14. F

filled it up and waited to see if there are any leaks (there were not) then I put the engine/transmission back together. along with the easiest oil filter change ever got the n75 terminal swapped over to the new style, got the ecu installed, as well as a new style fresh air filter(and new...
  15. F

the diff is now out, where I then drilled out the rivits ... After doing this, I determined that (for me) this was the wrong side to drill the rivets ... not all how-to's are good to follow online </end PSA> drilled out the other side = success and heated up the ring gear on the stove...