Recent content by funoutdoors121

1. F

Ed's aftermarket headlight, LED low and high beams, without self leveling feature

Ed seems to be totally sold out of headlights now, as per his website. https://www.becautoparts.com/ Let's hope he gets a new batch in soon :)
  2. F

What did you do to your MK7 today?

Anyone have any tips on TDI gurus in CT, lower Fairfield area, Westchester ? Thanks!
  3. F

Mk7 Rear Washer Leak (but in the bulkhead/firewall)

Hi All! I was able to download many service manuals for my GSW 15 from here: (www.auto-manual.com/volkswagen/volkswagen-golf) https://www.auto-manual.com/volkswagen/volkswagen-golf/ Your mileage may vary. Good luck, stay safe!
  4. F

40k service part kits/40k service advice

Agree with all above. ID Parts are great for DIY as they have all OEM parts, their website is easy to search and buy and they ship very quickly (compared to e-acca, my other go to vendor for non-urgent parts - great prices but slow shipping). Best wishes to all!
  5. F

A/C went out.... help!

Hi Rob, Would be great if you could post that PDF here or provide a link to it if at all possible, as the more info we can have on how to troubleshoot our cars, the better! Thanks, Best Regards!
  6. F

Rust/Corrosion in Fuel System - Golf Sportwagen

My thoughts: the fuel system components should not be so susceptible to corrosion and should be able to withstand some possible water contamination in the fuel, as this is not that uncommon...;)
  7. F

Rust/Corrosion in Fuel System - Golf Sportwagen

Seems the "Extended Emissions Warranty" should cover both parts and labor. It is the greater of: 11 years or 162,000 miles from in-servoce date, or 5 years or 60,000 miles from Phase1 or 5 years or 60,000 miles from completion of phase 2 In most cases, the greater should be 11 years or 162,000...
  8. F

Hard Start / No Start - Is your intercooler frozen? Check Here!

Had a 2009 and now 2015 GSW TDI, and on both used pipe insulation to block off both lower and some of the upper grill. Never had an intercooler issue in last 11 years so would also suggest giving it a shot, as very simple and cheap to implement. One can custom cut the foam pipe insulation for a...
  9. F

Thoughts and Prayers for oilhammer's Family

Brian and Lisa, so sorry for your loss, all our condolences!
  10. F

Torklift hitch install problems:

If you can get that bumper bar replaced under warranty, I would not hesitate! It seems like deep rust that would take a lot of work to address. Seems this spot may be prone to rusting, and is not easy to inspect as it entails removal of the bumper cover. I'll start looking for the steps required...
  11. F

Torklift hitch install problems:

Scary rust on that left side overview. Looks like more than just surface rust...:( Makes me want to take off my bumper cover just to inspect that area :). Highly recommend you sand/grind that rust and neutralize it with some chemical rust neutraliser and then prime/paint before sealing it up again.
  12. F

LIFTING a mk7 TDI Sportwagen thread

Alltrack springs on 15 GSW? I am also interested in an answer to this, as am considering swapping springs on a 2015 GSW with those Alltrack springs (should lift rear by close to 1.5" and front by 1" ?). Was hoping to keep original shocks as car only has 25K miles. Assuming the only additional...
  13. F

Thanks for the info, will most likely go for 225/50/17 to avoid any rubbing, and 205/65/16 for snows. This should increase ground clearance by almost 1/2 “ for 17” wheels and 1” for 16” wheels.
  14. F

Increasing ground clearance via tire sidewall height An option I am planning to use when I replace my next summer or winter tires is to increase my tire sidewall height. Instead of 225/45R17 for summer tires, I am thinking of getting 225/55R17 tires, and for winter. instead of 205/55R16, going...
  15. F

radio on with ignition off

The Green Engineering Menu? Never heard of that. How did you enable this? What options/mods does it provide? Thanks in advance!