Funguy's latest activity

• F
    Funguy reacted to MrCypherr's post in the thread which oil to use with Like Like.
    Then you get the people who are deleted using oil that doesnt meet 507 spec & 5w30 or 10w30. Thats a rabbit hole and a half to go down...
  • F
    Funguy reacted to oilhammer's post in the thread which oil to use with Like Like.
    Yes, but quite a few cars with many hundreds of thousands of miles on them seem to show that the original spec oil also is perfectly...
  • F
    Funguy reacted to MrCypherr's post in the thread which oil to use with Like Like.
    Oh I agree. I usually use 0/5w30 depending whats on sale and easier to get. Brand wise I just stick to whatever VW uses. I know alot of...
  • F
    Funguy reacted to GrandPaJohn's post in the thread which oil to use with Like Like.
    I have found the best place to get 507/c30 oil is at Advance Auto for the M1 0W30 ESP. $38 for 5 qt jug...
  • F
    Funguy replied to the thread which oil to use.
    Yeah that is what I did, I brought Castrol LL 5W30 with me. The new mechanic ordered some oil just in case I failed to bring my own...
  • F
    Funguy reacted to oilhammer's post in the thread which oil to use with Like Like.
    508.00 is 0w20. That's what most all the newest (gasoline, of course) VAG engines spec. 509 is the new spec for diesels that we don't...
  • F
    Funguy reacted to turbobrick240's post in the thread which oil to use with Like Like.
    Unfortunately, your new mechanic is unqualified. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Bring your own 507 spec oil if you must use him...
  • F
    Funguy replied to the thread which oil to use.
    New mechanic wanted to use Mobil1 ESP 0W-20 VW 509 spec oil in my 2015 Passat. VW 509 is new to me. Any thoughts on whether that is...