Recent content by Fubar

1. F

Daimler-Chrysler biodiesel project

[ QUOTE ] nh mike said: Mustard also has good potential for producing cheaper biodiesel, since the mustard meal is valuable as an organic pesticide and fertilizer (which means the oil can be sold cheaper) - but it isn't capable of producing nearly as much biodiesel as algae (or some other...
  2. F

VW No Longer Approves Biodiesel for New Models

[ QUOTE ] Skypup wrote: I'm smiling you troll because all water is bad [/ QUOTE ] I guess someone doesn't know about the long-time use of water injection in some over the road diesels to increase power. That must be why they only go, what, a million miles between engine overhauls. Some...
  3. F

[ QUOTE ] Light said: Bean boy you were doing well until you lost all credibility by saying sulfur was a lubricant, lol. Looks like you still have some homework to do! I'm surprised people didn't jump on you sooner. Hint: sulfur is NOT a lubricant [/ QUOTE ] Light, you're technically...
  4. F

[ QUOTE ] SkyPup said: None of them authorize the use of BD above 5%.... [/ QUOTE ] Detroit Diesel's specific approval of B-20: (see section 5.1.4) http://www.biodiesel.org/pdf_files/Detro...0biodiesel).pdf International-Navistar (Ford) stating, "The use of products such as biodiesel is at...
  5. F

[ QUOTE ] The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act has absolutly NOTHING to do with the type of fuel used in a vehicle. The M-M Act only applies to replacement parts for the vehicle. Fuel has nothing to do with it. [/ QUOTE ] I won't copy-n-paste interpretations of the entire law here, but it...
  6. F

Greetings Uncle Dave. You know, I have always wanted a diesel Rabbit, but never got one. I live at the end of several miles of rotten dirt/gravel ranch road, I have to frequently travel for work up barely-bladed roads in the back country and a Rabbit would be quite inappropriate. My wife drives...
  7. F

[ QUOTE ] SkyPup said: None of them authorize the use of BD above 5%.... [/ QUOTE ] This is not correct. Your information is somewhat outdated. In all cases, engine manufacturers cannot void vehicle warranties simply for the use of biodiesel fuel because of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act in...
  8. F

Hi, folks. I stumbled across this thread after a reference in the biodieselnow.com forums. Haven't owned a VW for a long time, there were the '59 and '63 Beetles and the '71 Type III Clementine orange squareback (with gas heater!), but I suppose that's ancient history here. I'm an electrical...