Recent content by Friendly Tex

1. F

Trusted TDI Mechanics - By State

Seeking Trusted TDI Mechanic in DE. I'm in Southern DE and need a good TDI Mechanic. Any recommendations?? Thanks,
  2. F

tdi dakota conversion

Nice Swap - I've got the truck - not the time or talent Really nice swap. This has been on my list for a long time. Just too busy to tackle this. Did you finalize the cruise and tach wiring? What was you Hwy mpg before swapping to the manual pump? Thanks
  3. F

Passat B5.5 BHW Motor Complete

Need B5.5 Transmission/Controller Hey Oilhammer, Assume all is now well for you and you are back in the run for a good 2016. I have an 2005 B5.5 that has shift issues. Dealer said this is an electronic shift controller....custom part order tied to Vin and $1700 for the part. I have heard...
  4. F

tdi dakota conversion

Is this a 4X4? Curious how drivable and the economy when done. I have the 02 Quad 4X4 and bought it for this mod. Please let us know your impressions with and without mods if you phase them in. Thanks
  5. F

Code 299 on B5 Passat?

Long term member who has never posted but used advice from many - to all of you thanks. Enjoying my second TDI, this a 2005 Passat 2.0 with just over 73k. We are the second owner. The car just threw a code PO 299 and has dropped the turbo boost. Can anyone post or direct me to a picture of...