Recent content by freakwithracket

1. F

Midwest Light Creations- No longer taking orders

TDIClub, It is with sadness that I must announce that as of today I'll no longer be taking orders and will be shutting down. I started Midwest Light in 2013 after my personal search for HID headlights for my 2003 Jetta TDI turned up empty. This was my 10th year of a business and in that time it...
  2. F

not getting current to glow plugs

Years ago I had a problem where I could not get my glow plugs working. Light would come on for just a second no matter how cold. Replaced plugs, harness, relay. Hell, I even spent an hour talking to an engineer from Bosch up in Michigan trying to figure out what the issue was. Tested the...
  3. F

does anyone know what kind of lights these are

I was asked to comment on this, so I will. Nobody has yet mentioned...the fuse. Here are the fail points in order of most common first: 1. Fuse in dash panel. 2. Dead bulb. 3. Dead Ballast 4. Faulty connection between headlight main plug and headlight 5. Bad ground on circuit. 6. Faulty...
  4. F

Midwest Light Creations- HID Headlights and Retrofit Kits (Headlights by Jeff)

Still in business, and very busy at that! Rich, I think I replied to your email earlier today about wanting to place an order. I believe I am caught up on replying to emails. Life has become more demanding for me the past year, and I'm away from a computer most of the day. Anyone wanting to...
  5. F

The ecode headlights are just European beam pattern halogen reflector headlamps. A standard halogen bulb reflects light off the housing and out onto the road. The HID headlamps are a different system. It consists of a HID bulb which is much brighter than a halogen bulb placed inside a...
  6. F

P2015

Posting this up for a friend. He and his wife live in Cali, and they got a P2015 on their MKV Jetta. They went to a dealership and had the manifold replaced. The dealer is now telling him that they have to "reset the emissions module 'bits' and drive the car around for a few hundred miles to...
  7. F

I don't see any email in my inbox related to this, though I can't search by your name. You can reach me at jeff.rudzinski@gmail.com or 614-653-8434.
  8. F

>as you'll recall, we went back and forth over email for a couple weeks, to try and resolve one of the wiring issues, that i ultimately diagnosed and resolved myself. as i stated in a previous post, you wrote off the vibrating light pattern (cracked headlight bucket mount) because my car's "a...
  9. F

>I think Jeff's silence says enough about his interest in support existing and future customers. In the words of Luke Skywalker, "Impressive... Every word in that sentence was wrong." Joking aside, you should see how many emails, texts, and voicemails, and phone calls I respond to on a daily...
  10. F

Jetta Doesnt warm up when COLD

I'm sure others have said this (I didn't read all the comments). The frostheater does not heat all the coolant. It heats the coolant around it, and as its close to the temp sensor in the system, the system will read a lot higher than the total average temp of coolant in the system. So when...
  11. F

^The site seems to work for me. I've heard some people say that Safari on iphone has trouble sometimes..not sure if that is what you are using. You can call me at 614-653-8434 if you continue to have trouble getting on the site.
  12. F

They do. Dual high beams. Default setup is that they are both wired up to work unless you tell me you don't want one or the other.
  13. F

Peter, Sorry man, been tied up moving to a new house this past week and forgot to reply to your email, which I just did. In reference to the issue with the main harness plug a few posts up, that was resolved and turned out to be the poster's fog light harness that he installed was not seated...
  14. F

I've had this question come up a few times recently so I figured I would post it here. Main beam LED bulbs technically can be used inside the projectors in our headlights. However, there are a few things that should be known for anyone desiring to pursue that. 1. LED bulbs are generally not...
  15. F

Columbus/Central Ohio Third Friday GTG Thread

I'll try to be there tomorrow.