Recent content by franky67

1. franky67

Looking for Passat NMS OEM side skirts-WTB

Hi there, Looking to buy Passat NMS Side skirts, preferably undamaged&with hardware. Located in VA. I could drive few hours or shipping could be an option depending on price.. Please let me know if you are selling it. Also looking for front valance OEM.
  2. franky67

Side Skirt/Rear Valance Painting? Suggestions?

I actually did call few places but they quoted 350-400$ including MAACO. So I might try to wrap them they are not super curvy except 2 parts.
  3. franky67

Side Skirt/Rear Valance Painting? Suggestions?

Hello there! Some of you may know from my post from NMS Passat forum. I finally pulled the trigger for rear valance and side skirts and eventually front valance. I bought thru ebay some vendor with %99.8 score and he said they bought as a set and never used. Rear valance is night metallic blue...
  4. franky67

Suggestions for painting side skirts/rear valance LA7W?

Hello there! Some of you may know from my post from NMS Passat forum. I finally pulled the trigger for rear valance and side skirts and eventually front valance. I bought thru ebay some vendor with %99.8 score and he said they bought as a set and never used. Rear valance is night metallic blue...
  5. franky67

Newbie TDI owner...

If you bought it with CPO warranty, they will fix it. If not try to see if it is something that diesel gate warranty will cover?
  6. franky67

225/45/17 instead of 215/55/17?

Thanks for the information! I also thought it would be small, just loved the style of it. Retro.. Thanks again!
  7. franky67

225/45/17 instead of 215/55/17?

Hi there. I found nice set of VW retro wheels for sale with 225/45/17 tires. I think our NMS Passat has 215/55/17 for OEM wheels. Currently have 235/45/18 on my car. Any comments on mpg or rubbing or any other issues I might have? Did you try to fit these tires in your NMS Passat and how was...
  8. franky67

Passat move from Jetta

Is it normal to burn oil? Should I expect the same for my Passat '13 ?
  9. franky67

Sunroof Draining Guide-NMS Passat

I will try this when the weather gets better,thanks for your advice!
  10. franky67

Well, dealer recommended it with 40k mile service and told me that it is better to drain it or check if everything is fine.
  11. franky67

Hello there. I found many threads when I searched for sunroof draining but none of them was for NMS Passat. So,I was curious if we need to follow different steps in order to get job done? Any service manual pdf-picture? Hope many of us will benefit from this thread as dealer quoted +100$ for...
  12. franky67

Should I get one of these?

I bought mine 2013 TDI SE w sunroof and navigation at 17.000 miles CPO for almost 14k. Of course after financing ,dealer fees,taxes and some dealer add ons,went up but the base price for the car was reasonable as sticker price in 2013 was 33k. In my opinion as long as you get CPO car should be...
  13. franky67

Coilovers or Springs?

That looks really nice! I think I will stick with stock struts and shocks until they really bother me.
  14. franky67

Coilovers or Springs?

I think you are right. I always heard that coilovers were close to 800-900$. I was wondering why they looked cheap. I think I will go with the springs, probably H&R. Thanks!