Franko6's latest activity

• F
    Franko6 replied to the thread cylinder bore tolerances?.
    I agree with Trubocharged, except for the maximum clearance. .005" is a recipe for blowby, which isn't that much of a problem to...
  • F
    Banksy, what you were showing from VCDS are not IQ numbers. Those are idle balance compensation numbers. You need to show those same...
  • F
    Franko6 left a message on Rrusse11's profile.
    Hey, Jeff Robertson and I go back a few years, of course, over TDI's. I saw you posted about his house fire. Tried calling, but I'm...
  • F
    Franko6 replied to the thread BEW EGR delete.
    Block it.
  • F
    I keep finding people using this method to check piston protrusion. I just found this recently. I know it's been here a long time...
  • F
    Franko6 replied to the thread Increased Iron in oil.
    You know, we do quite a business in cams... Timing belts, too. Try emailing the cam pics.
  • F
    Btw: Check for a CRAP filter. The cheap Big Box store filters don't have good seals. Therefore, silicon. Usually, you can see dust...
  • F
    With that kind of metallurgy, I'd think the cam and lifter damage would be very obvious. But what part of the story that is missing...
  • F
    Franko6 replied to the thread Febi vs Colt vs Frank06.
    We 'veterans' need to go our separate ways. I'm not 'Insulted'. I just need to get out of this and stay out. You support whomever you...
  • F
    Franko6 replied to the thread Febi vs Colt vs Frank06.
    Stop. There is absolutely no reason to revive this. There was never any intention to raise any hackles the first time. There is...
  • F
    Franko6 replied to the thread 2022 TDIfest Discussion Thread.
    Not sure I'm in with being 'chosen'. My shop is not much of a meeting spot. It's off the beaten path, no close hotel/ motels. As for...
  • F
    We have done a lot of investigation on injectors and engine balancing. In this case, let's start with the most obvious. It could be...
  • F
    Franko6 commented on Jen-sama's profile post.
    I was amused also... BAWK! BAWK! I didn't see this before. I don't know how I missed it. Sorry.... :/ I have some deadlines to...
  • F
    Nathan, sorry for the delay. It got busier than normal. Judging the turbo you have, I was trying to guess how old it is. 350k? And...
  • F
    Mine isn't broken. I use VNT-17 upgrades a lot... When it's appropriate. Actually, there are some strange comparisons you can make...