Recent content by Frankencar

1. Frankencar

Westfalia Hitch and Wiring on a Mk7 Golf with a trailer brake controller

Here's all the input I have to add: Our car is a 15 Golf TDI SEL DSG with park assist, front assist, and lighting packages (basically check every box loaded), so we REALLY wanted to run the proper wiring to get everything to play nice when towing. We installed a Forklift EcoHitch and the...
  2. Frankencar

Westfalia Hitch and Wiring on a Mk7 Golf with a trailer brake controller

Thanks for this post/thread! Just installed the Westfalia 13 pin on my wife's 15 Golf TDI (not wagon) along with the 1-1/4" EcoHitch and it'd be a lot more difficult without the information you shared here. I did pull most of the fasteners out fo the lower dash panel in order to pull it down a...
  3. Frankencar

Any suggestion on a plug play turbo 1.9 alh

3 Months later bump, how's it treating you now? did you end up installing the 11mm pump and R520's
  4. Frankencar

FS: 92 Jetta TDI swap 163K miles - $14,000

Sold!!! The TDI is officially SOLD! I made a quick trip home from the hospital the night of Christmas Eve to pick the buyer up from the airport and get him filled in on all the details of the car. He's now well on his way home on an epic 3,000+ mile adventure that takes him through Portland and...
  5. Frankencar

TDI Pending Sale, Coupe Still Available Sooooo - the TDI is now pending sale to one of our most experienced TDI gurus here on the club. Some logistics to take care of and it will be off on an adventurous road-trip to find it's new home and maybe a bigger turbo! :D The all-original 31K mile...
  6. Frankencar

yeah - that detail is buried in the looooong first post: MKII Golf GTD W/AC. Thank you! :)
  7. Frankencar

Thanks!! Canon 5Ds R Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM and here's an update: I had a quick minute Friday to grab a quick video or the TDI starting after 2 weeks of not running in a 60 degree garage - it's as close to a proper cold-start video as I can get in...
  8. Frankencar

Price Drop! Wow! It's been a pretty wild week! :eek: This ad was shared by both Bring A Trailer: http://bringatrailer.com/2016/12/02/box-fresh-w-31k-miles-1989-volkswagen-jetta-coupe/#comment-1304167 and Jalopnik...
  9. Frankencar

Update: Updated original post with VIN# and more details regarding features, condition, and registration. :) Thanks for looking!
  10. Frankencar

********************SOLD SOLD SOLD!!!!!******************** Life recently took a turn for the worse when my wife was diagnosed with a super rare life-threatening blood disease :( and now I am looking to part with the two finest examples in my collection. Here's the TDI, an Alpine White (L90E)...
  11. Frankencar

FS: Integrated Engineering H-Beam ALH Rods $500 Shipped OBO

*** SOLD! *** Selling a set of Integrated Engineering H-beam ALH rods $500 Shipped OBO Only unpacked one for the pic, but all 4 are there. :) *** SOLD! *** *** SOLD! ***
  12. Frankencar

Rear caliper rebuild - seal differences could be very dangerous!

I have not, let me know if they are any good. :) Thanks!
  13. Frankencar

2" FRANKENBUILT MK4 Lift Kit

The Lift Kit has been sold and installed! :) I now have 3 of the new custom lifts running around accumulating miles and will get more manufactured. It won't be real quick, but proper lifts for any MK4 will be readily available in the near future. It's been a rough road :p but we're almost there! :D
  14. Frankencar

New project: Golf Mk4 PD TDI 4motion 6-speed

That sure is turning into a nice toy with all those sweet parts! A bit more than €587.50 ;) Only design feature I would be concerned about is the long hard-pipe off the airbag allowing little flex when the motor pulls back under load. Will that short piece of silicon hose give you enough flex to...