Recent content by fourwarner

1. F

Many MK4 parts for sale, im cleaning out. Stock, Performance, Aftermarket

Okay, let me know if that one falls through or you find another.
  2. F

Many MK4 parts for sale, im cleaning out. Stock, Performance, Aftermarket

EGR/ASV still available ? I need one in good shape w/ actuator.
  3. F

MK4 TDI parts that need to be sold.

Sounds good, just want to make sure this is for an ALH
  4. F

2001 RED Jetta part out

Is your oil filter housing still available ?
  5. F

MK4 TDI parts that need to be sold.

Is your intercooler still for sale ?
  6. F

egr cooler from 03 jetta

Do you still have the cooler ? Pretty sure mine has a leak so I'll be checking it out tomorrow.
  7. F

Clutch release problem ?

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll give that a try this evening.
  8. F

Clutch release problem ?

The friction disc just came apart. The flywheel and pressure plate showed no sign of overheating and the surfaces looked good.
  9. F

Clutch release problem ?

Yes, the car has a DMF. I only replaced the friction disc and throwout bearing. The pressure plate and flywheel were in good shape and the car only has 85,000 miles.
  10. F

Clutch release problem ?

So you think there's still air in the system? What's the recommended procedure using a pressure bleeder? Some say press the pedal to the floor and leave it there. Others say hold the pedal half way.
  11. F

Clutch release problem ?

No, it's had this problem since replacing the clutch. I did bleed the clutch using the Motive pressure bleeder but no change in the way it acts.
  12. F

Clutch release problem ?

The clutch on my 03 was recently replaced. Everything feels good until the pedal is about two inches from the floor. Then it appears to partially release making it difficult to shift. I swapped out the slave cylinder but it had the same issue. I'm wondering if there a problem with the master...
  13. F

'03 Jetta Transmission 02J

Is the center housing on an 02J the same for all transmission codes ? I need to replace the housing on an EGR but wonder if other codes used the same casting.
  14. F

Repair or Buy Another ?

The engine appears to be undamaged. I just don't know if there's a demand for it if I decide to part out the engine and body parts.
  15. F

Repair or Buy Another ?

Our '03 Jetta TDI went through a ditch and punched a hole in the gearbox housing and tore up the front left suspension. The insurance totaled the car and offered $8700. We could buy it back for $1800 and repair it or part it out. Does anyone have a suggestion. The exterior of the car was not...