Recent content by Ford Guy

1. F

DSG Transmission Oil

LOL - Here comes the brain washed "peanut gallery" as usual LOL :) Like I said - "To Each Their Own". The guy asked for an "affordable" alternative. I am the only one who has answered his question. The rest of you are just haters that love to hate. I also spent the time to actually talk to...
  2. F

DSG Transmission Oil

LOL - $160 is cheap? Ill keep the extra $100 dollar bill in my pocket and trust the 150 year old company called Valvoline that has NEVER let me down rather then waste money on that imported German crap LOL :) I manage an auto parts store that sells Pentosin and Ravenol and even with my large...
  3. F

DSG Transmission Oil

Welcome aboard and congrats! I am loving my TDI, the mileage truly cant be beat and mine just continues to improve since i have been really focused on the lubricants and fuel additives and general maintenance :) I apologize in advance for the lengthy post, I was feeling "chatty" LOL :)...
  4. F

DSG Transmission Oil

Actually Yes:cool: I have found a Dual Clutch oil that is much easier to find and even more affordable then the imported German fluids and is fully Approved for all of the DCT/DSG following specs: BMW 83 220 440214, Ford M2C 936A, MB 236.21, MB 236.25, Volvo 1161838, Volvo 1161839, VW G 052...
  5. F

Just Bought Used TDI that was low on oil. Need some advice about getting motor flushed and as clean as possible.

I guess im just more inclined to find a decent roller lifter camshaft for this car rather then play all these ridiculous imported oil games because of the flat tappets. With such a large fan base for this motor im sure someone somewhere has had the intelligence to make a decent roller lifter...
  6. F

Just Bought Used TDI that was low on oil. Need some advice about getting motor flushed and as clean as possible.

Meets and exceeds would very much show factory approval for the oil or they would not print it on the bottle, because either way it makes them accountable for its use as a 505.01 oil. So the fact that it is stated on the bottle makes it more approved then the T6 Rotella that 1/3+ of this forum...
  7. F

Personally I guess I am just glad that we all get to choose what we do to our own vehicles and I for one am not going to cheap out and stretch that oil as far as I possibly can, just because its theoretically possible. I would rather "introduce" fresh clean oil as often as is reasonably...
  8. F

Schaeffers does have oils with VW's blessing printed on the bottle there "8008" is 501.00, 502.00 & 505.01 and they have a "9000" deriviative that is 504.00 and 507.00 approved as well as all the MB certs, and they are both more expensive then any of the imported oils, so I am not sure how that...
  9. F

Incidentally I spent an hour on the phone with a Schaeffer oil Factory Technician today and am currently deciding between 2 oils that are both around $140 a case which I fully intend to run 5k max and then dump it in a recycle bin with a grin on my face and then do it again :) Lather Rinse...
  10. F

??? While i get the jest and sarcasm in your comments and agree with it in some regards, tires, batteries, brake fluid and even the trans flush has absolutely nothing to do with the life of an engine. While the timing belt is actually not a bad idea especially on an interference motor; however...
  11. F

Thanks everyone for the added thoughts and comments. I am waiting on a couple filters ( trans and fuel) that I ordered and then I am ready for my next oil change. This time I am doing the DSG fluid and filter ( i suspect its never been done before ) and the fuel filter at the same time as the...
  12. F

thanks for your tips. I will see if it is eating oil from last to next oil change and hopefully that will give me a solid knowledge of whether its eating it or was just left low last time. also on another thread someone mentioned adding some ZDDP for better Cam protection, so i might try that...
  13. F

Discounted TDI oil locator thread

Thanks for the tip. Researching a good ZDDP additive now :)
  14. F

Sorry for the very very long post. Thanks so much for the feedback. Yes I am familiar with the diesel oil being blacker then gasoline oil due to the sooty content of the diesel, but I guess when its your personal car you are much more affected by the specifics LOL :) I have a 1000 mile...
  15. F

Discounted TDI oil locator thread

Has anyone else noticed the new FRAM oil at Advance Auto Parts? Apparently Advance has purchased the FRAM name and its first oil offerings are getting pretty rave reviews from what I have seen. Is it a value oil? Or just a really good oil that is new to the market and a good deal in order to...