Recent content by foggedz

1. F

DPF failure data collection

Looking at the wording of how long the warranty goes... The Extended Emissions Warranty period with this additional warranty extension will be the greater of: • 10 years and 3 months or 123,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the vehicle’s original in- service date; OR • 4 years and 3...
  2. F

I have the ability to scan and clear codes. My car is not currently throwing any codes. I just noticed the soot in the tail pipe, and was not sure if it was supposed to stay perfectly clean like it used to before the fix. I will clean out the tail pipe, and see if the soot starts to develop again.
  3. F

The emissons fix was done to my 2013 Jetta at 89,000mi, and currently have 112,000mi. When was washing the car last week I did notice some soot in the tail pipes. I know that before the fix they were always clean on the inside, and I hadn't really paid much attention to them since. Is it...
  4. F

Engine running poorly during higher throttle after fix

I took a look at the fuel pump I get gas from and it says the fuel can be between 5-20% biodiesel. I will have to look around, and see if I can find a place that sells 5% only. As far as the intercooler icing does it have to be cold out, or if there was water in the intercooler would it still...
  5. F

I will have to take a look at the pump where I get my fuel. I always fill up a gas station that is near the highway that has a diesel specific set of pumps. There are lots of semi's and delivery trucks that use these pumps, so I figured the fuel gets use frequently. The fuel filter and oil...
  6. F

I virtually never floor my car, but every once in a while it’s required. Today I tried to merge into fast moving traffic, and needed to put the throttle down about 75%. The engine shook violently, would not accelerate, and felt like it was going to die. Since the fix this has happened to me...
  7. F

exhaust flap and what we did to free it up.

Had this flap been replaced during the emissions fix and started to fail?
  8. F

First issue since "the fix"

Wasn't there plenty of people that were having issues with the glow plug warning lights prior to the fix? What I'm getting at is just because a car has an issue after the fix doesn't mean that people weren't having the same issue prior the the fix. Whatever the issue ends up being hopefully...
  9. F

2013 Jetta front caliper piston sticking

Has anyone else had this issue? I noticed last summer that my MPG's were not getting better as the summer temps started to warm up. After taking the car on a 5-600 mi trip and getting 4-5 mpg less than expected I decided to try and figure out what was going on. I found the front driver side...
  10. F

Is P2105 covered under new warranty?

I just started a recent thread about this. As others have just said anything that causes a check engine light to come on is covered under the extended warranty. I had the emissions fix done at the end of September 2018, and a few weeks later got the code for a faulty intake manifold flap. VW...
  11. F

2013 Jetta front caliper piston sticking

Has anyone else had this issue? I noticed last summer that my MPG's were not getting better as the summer temps started to warm up. After taking the car on a 5-600 mi trip and getting 4-5 mpg less than expected I decided to try and figure out what was going on. I found the front driver side...
  12. F

Check engine light P2015

Dealership replaced the intake last Thursday. I have about 100 miles on the car since, and everything seems good. I put off doing the fix for as long as possible, but I'm glad I had it done in late September. If I held off for a few more weeks I would have probably had to pay for a new intake...
  13. F

Check engine light P2015

I have an appointment for 11/15/18 to get the intake manifold replaced. Dealer said it should all be covered under warranty. The bracket dieselgeek sells looks like it would be the best option. I just don't want to put that on and then have the warranty denied down the line for something...
  14. F

Check engine light P2015

I just had my 2013 TDI emission fix done about 1 moth ago. The car has 75,000 mi. This code just popped up this morning. Will the fix for this code be covered under the extended warranty, or should I try to do a fix my self that others have done?
  15. F

2.0 Gen 1 post fix impressions, issues, etc.

I agree. After the fix I drove my car around with the Torque app running and saw a large increase in short regens. Depending on your speed you could notice some jerking if you are at the lower RPM range of the particular gear that you are in. IMO VW tried to adjust for this be raising the shift...