Recent content by FMinMI

1. F

RNS510 Firmware & Maps Info Thread

Just stating the facts. It is a bummer that they charge so much and/or that VW doesn't give free updates, even under warranty. Only Tesla does or aftermarket units that use open source mapping... Cheers. Frank
  2. F

The V10 disc had no self-destruct or required registration feature, but it is meant to be used only by the purchaser. Sharing or selling the used disc while still using the data that was provided on it would in a court of law be copyright infringement, no different than copying and selling DVD...
  3. F

2013 Passat Bluetooth Moudle for RNS510 w/Fender Audio

UPDATE: I found a "K" module at a local salvage yard in a Jetta. Bought it for $50 with the foam and connectors. Plugged it in and it worked fine! Even ended up with some new phone numbers :-) Thanks for everyone's help. Frank
  4. F

Great. Thank you! The only issue is the price on the "N"! eBay is showing just a few but very expensive. You said the K should work? Do you know where I can find out what the differences might be? I can find several K units that are pretty reasonable (under $100) and would definitely like to...
  5. F

Hello all, I am retrofitting my 2012 Golf with the RNS510 NAV unit for the larger backup screen and navigation map to help my aging eyes. The radio I had was the RNS315 and found out I need to buy the bluetooth module as well but I found a number of module 'numbers' and want to make sure I get...
  6. F

5382 was the newest firmware I heard about so it is newer than what you have, but by only one version. Maps are at V11 so that could make a difference if you travel to large cities that have had highway updates in the past 2 years. If you live in a small city and don't plan on taking your car...
  7. F

Pinout for 9w7 Bluetooth module 7P6035730F

YES! Thank you. I spend the better part of 2 evening trying to find out the pinout. This is perfect. Have a great weekend. Frank in Michigan
  8. F

Pinout for 9w7 Bluetooth module 7P6035730F

Hello all, I am trying to retrofit a RNS510 into my 2012 that came with a RNS315 and am having trouble getting the bluetooth module connected. I bought a harness but there are 2 wires (twisted) that are not labelled and are attached to pins 17 and 18 of the 54 pin harness but do not go to the...
  9. F

Hi. Some misunderstanding in reading my last post. Yes, I can stream BT music with the 'old' RNS315. That is something that I want to continue to do when I swap to the RNS510. The RNS315 has all the electronics built into the head. There is no 'outside' module, thus the reason for me to buy a...
  10. F

Thanks Tim. When I get it, I will definitely make this mod. Have a small issue with the radio I was looking at. Frank in Michigan
  11. F

Just out of curiosity, do you know what version/firmware you have that allows the added voice features? Mine is the "G" version from a 2013 Passat with firmware 3696 (I am trying to find the 4366 firmware). And also what two VDCS modules/bits you changed? Thanks. Frank in Michigan
  12. F

When I press the microphone button on the wheel, I can say something like "Call Gina Mobile" and it works. I cannot do anything else - talking only works for call stuff, and I didn't have to do any VCDS editing. And to enter an address my RNS315 also does the same - put in a letter, it pauses...
  13. F

What I want is a bigger screen than the RNS315 plus the integration with the DIC, steering wheel controls, etc. I know there are aftermarket radios with more power, Android auto, etc. I read the reviews. There are complaints about interface issues, no nav (requires plugging in phone) or poor...
  14. F

You are not making me feel good about my recent RNS-510 purchase :-) Just out of curiosity, do you know what version you have (A,B,C,...)? I believe they have made a number of improvements since 2009. And you can update the hardware on some of the earlier ones to make it run faster... Frank...
  15. F

FS: 2012 Passat TDI SE DSG $12,500*

I read your post, went to my inbox, saw nothing, then replied. About a minute later I saw that I had something new in the INBOX. I was just too fast. All is good... Frank in Michigan