Recent content by flyingtoaster

1. F

Who has a Water Pump go bad?

Do you have any insight into how many labor hours are involved? The guy who quoted me said the Technician told him the water pump is on the front of the engine and they have to remove a lot of things to get to it including the timing belt. I just left a message with 2 independent repair shops to...
  2. F

Who has a Water Pump go bad?

The dealer just quoted me $2500 to replace the water pump and timing belt. Symptoms were coolant leak and swishing sound. Does this sound reasonable?
  3. F

2015 fuel pump

If you buy a new TDI today, it will have the latest revision of the fuel pump. A few months from now, the 2015 models may have an even newer revision. Acording to the master mechanic aat my local VW, VAG has been paying for fuel system replacements for out of warranty cars and that he just...
  4. F

Possible assignment - take LHD US Mk7 to England?

Mini Coopers are cheap in England and VWs are expensive. If you sell your car before you leave, you will have to spend some serious pounds to get back into a VW.
  5. F

ULSD with 50 Cetane

Hopefully it uses the same nozzle as B20. Should help lubricate your fuel pump.
  6. F

No reason to worry about the fuel pump

He's the master mechanic for the dealership and he seemed honest (if that means anything). Additionally, he said each fuel system is packaged and sent to VW in Germany to investigate the root cause. VAG is covering the fuel system replacement for out of warranty cars, before the cause of failure...
  7. F

Volkswagen Unveils 272 HP 2-Liter Diesel Engine and 10-Speed DSG

"Shut up and take my money" seems to be trending. We'll go with that.
  8. F

Throttle limited?

I just saw a truck from the "Show Me State." It had dual 6 inch chrome exhaust pipes coming up out of the bed and a sticker that said "I'd rather be cummin' than strokin.'" Maybe MO can "show me" how to be cool.
  9. F

Throttle limited?

Pro tip: you can rev the engine past 2500 RPM if you push the DSG stick in neutral while driving in a parking lot.
  10. F

Yeah, but no. He was a mechanic, not a salesman and I already owned the car we were driving. He had no reason to tell me that I could pour gasoline in my diesel tank with the service manager watching, unless he makes a fat commission on fuel systems.
  11. F

The VW master mechanic at my dealership told me he just replaced a fuel system on a car with 175,000 miles, covered by VW. VW has been replacing all fuel systems for free, no questions asked. He said you could pour gasoline in your car at the dealership, drive it around the dealership lot, take...
  12. F

Infotainment system for Spotify?

Spotify won't shut up on the MK7. The app starts automatically on my phone when I start my car and stars playing over the stereo. I haven't changed any settings either.
  13. F

I want DSG fart!

I was racing an RX8 up GMR at night and his exhaust spit fire at cutoff on a stock engine. DSG farts are just that.
  14. F

Filling up your MK7

I topped it off for the first time on Wednesday. There is definitely a technique involved and it will take a few more fills before I am over the learning curve. I was able to fill an additional half gallon after the initial click.
  15. F

834 miles on a tank (not me)

https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/running-on-empty--how-we-drove-834--smelly--miles-on-an-audi-s-single-tank-171343427.html The '15 A3 TDI has presumably the same drivetrain and fuel tank as the '15 Golf TDI DSG. An interesting read, but here are some notes: -63mpg with a lot of...