Recent content by flyboy320

1. flyboy320

Dieselgate, The Canadian Edition

Just turned mine in today with my winter steel wheels on. The individual didn't care, all he asked me to do was start the car and he looked at the KM as well. I was a bit concerned because the rep from Ricepoint who called two weeks before my turn in date to confirm my KM on the car specifically...
  2. flyboy320

I plan on bringing mine back on May 3rd and I still have my winter steelies on. Were you told specifically that you have to have the original wheels on?
  3. flyboy320

Once all my paperwork was submitted and approved the earliest I could book the buyback was almost a month away. I was told that's how much time they need to get all the paperwork ready. I was surprised it was going to take so long and I even called them several times to try and get an earlier...
  4. flyboy320

Planning on returning mine in May and hope to return it with worn out winters on steelies...should be OK?
  5. flyboy320

Thanks, much appreciated :o
  6. flyboy320

I'm going to be turning mine in around May. How long did it take from first filling out the forms online to getting approval for the buy back?
  7. flyboy320

Has anyone done the buy back process recently? I am planning on turning mine back in but I'm waiting for my e-Golf to arrive and I want to time it so they happen at the same time. e-Golf will arrive any time from this spring to summer so I'm trying to get a feel for how long the buy back process...
  8. flyboy320

So if I plan on returning mine later this year, or beginning of 2018, is there any point to filling out the claim now? I guess what I'm asking is do you have to specify a date you want to return the car at, as I don't know for sure yet?
  9. flyboy320

How would it work if I wanted to trade in my fully owned Golf for a lease on a new Golf? Take the payment VW will give me, say the fair market value is $12,000, the VW calculator is saying $17,000 and the additional payment of about $5,200, how does this get applied to say a 3 year lease? Would...
  10. flyboy320

So which value is calculated from the CBB value estimator calculator, the Fair market value, or the wholesale value, and where do we get the other value from?
  11. flyboy320

VW Canada Settlement - $2.1 Billion

Anyone trying to time the buy back with the arrival of a Tesla 3? I'm going to let VW buy mine back and hopefully I can time it with the arrival of my model 3 I have on order.
  12. flyboy320

CR engine HPFP analysis

Thanks guys, it's gonna be a tough decision, I love my TDI
  13. flyboy320

CR engine HPFP analysis

Considering the TSI as a replacement for our TDi. Can anyone sum up how the TSI engine feels/drives compared to the TDi?
  14. flyboy320

Sorry for my ignorance, but what value is offered for the buy back, is it the wholesale number or retail number?