Recent content by flash9

1. flash9

Clutch Support Bracket Lower Connection?

While taking everything apart for replacing my clutch I tried to do a good job of putting nuts and bolts back into where they came off/out of. I know exactly where the top of the Clutch Support Bracket attaches and the bolt that is used, but the lower connection location and how it is attached...
  2. Bracket 001.jpg

Bracket 001.jpg

3. Bracket 002.jpg

Bracket 002.jpg

4. Bracket 003.jpg

Bracket 003.jpg

5. flash9

Drive (Pressure) Plate Removal

That worked and now I have my triple square drive on one of the bolts. Now I just need to figure out how to lock the flywheel as it just spins when I try to loosen the bolt. Anyone remember a good DIY on locking the flywheel?
  6. flash9

Drive (Pressure) Plate Removal

I am deep into replacing my clutch in my 2003 Jetta with 200k miles. I purchased the LUK 17-050 as I liked that it should not need the alignment tool as the clutch is already attached the the drive plate. Earlier this week I dropped the transmission and this morning I was going to tackle the...
  7. 2020-09-12 08.46.27.jpg

2020-09-12 08.46.27.jpg

2003 Jetta Drive Plate
  8. flash9

Type of Grease for Driveshaft Joints

I am in the process of changing the clutch in our 2003 with just under 200k miles. Though I am trying to protect the joints by wrapping them in plastic I feel that I should replace some of the grease that was lost from these connection locations, but I can not find what type of grease is to be used?
  9. Grease.jpg

Grease.jpg

VW Mk4 Driveshaft Mounts
  10. flash9

Your favorite Mk-4 TDI Mods

Power Memory Drivers Seat The one I helped develop: Installing Power Memory Drivers Seat. If there is only one driver, its not such a big deal, but with a 5' wife (I am just under 6') it was nearly impossible to adjust back and forth between the two of us. :cool:
  11. flash9

2003 VW Jetta - Passenger Front Suspension Clunking

Last evening the sway bar end links arrived and I finished up the work. I think I figured out how this came to be this way. When I replaced the lower control arms last year (which was also only about 3,000 miles ago) I loosened the bolt and nut that connect the control arm to the control arm end...
  12. Top Mount

Top Mount

Top Mount
  13. Top Mount

Top Mount

Top Mount
  14. Top Mount

Top Mount

Top Mount
  15. Top Mount

Top Mount

Top Mount