Recent content by FL2AK-tdi

1. FL2AK-tdi

Selling off all my A4 Jetta Maintenance Stuff

Almost all gone The Vag Com Cable is sold (went to a local guy) All of the tools are gone to the guys mentioned the previous post. All that is left is the A3 Bentley CD, the two relays, and the brake light switch.
  2. FL2AK-tdi

Splitting it all up Looks like I'll be splitting it all up. Spoken for thus far: The 2X2 OBD/ADLD adapter. (Lug Nut) Brake Pedal/Brake Booster Tool (Lojoman) A4 Bentley CD (burn_your_money) The metalnerd Disc Brake tool (drewaj) (waiting to hear back if he's okay with the higher shipping...
  3. FL2AK-tdi

Selling off all my A4 Jetta Maintenance Stuff I would like to sell all of this in one shot to one person as a set (just for ease of shipping issues), but I’ll certainly split it all up as well. Everything ships from Anchorage, AK, so it all has to go US Mail Flat Rate Box; UPS and FedEx...
  4. FL2AK-tdi

Ins. Co. Totaled my DRIVEABLE 01 TDI What now?

Closure So, after a two year absence, I thought I might bring some closure to all of this. I spent almost the last two years with no vehicle. My girlfriend and I shared her Subaru, I took the bus some, stuff like that. My car never did show up at auction, and I never did get a chance to bid on...
  5. FL2AK-tdi

Resale Value of Vag-Com

Hey folks, I need to know what, if any, resale value an older Vag-Com dongle and software would be, given that I'm sure the new owner would have to register the software for a fee. I lost my TDI two years ago in an accident. Haven't used the Vag-Com since. I'm getting ready to post a classified...
  6. FL2AK-tdi

I think it's irrelevant. When we were shopping for my gf's car; I compared prices between Honda dealers in Anchorage and my home town (Tampa). Even WITH paying FL sales tax (7%) vs AK (no sales tax) AND adding in fuel costs plus every meal on the road and hotel every night to drive back to AK...
  7. FL2AK-tdi

Bruce did the TB and turbo on it back in 2006; he does good work there at Arctic Imports. It's going to b auctioned at Copart; I'll go and bid on it, but my max bid is going to be $800.
  8. FL2AK-tdi

Yeah, no one was going to buy that car from me at that price, so the money part is ok; my argument was that I wanted it fixed because I simply can't make payments of any kind...I can't ad I won't. I refuse. My plan now is for me to car pool with my gf/use her car of city bus this winter while...
  9. FL2AK-tdi

I saw the car today, and I'm pissed that they totaled it. I talked to the mechanic and service manager, and they both said that the adjuster saw the broken intercooler, freaked, and totaled it. They said she was concerned that the turbo might MIGHT have sucked up some of the debris from the...
  10. FL2AK-tdi

LOL, you guys are great. Funny. =) I'm thinking I'm going to just take the money. I'm oing to call a trusted friend down i the Lower 48, who helped me with a lot (A LOT) of the maintenance on the car over the years and ask his advice, but I already know he's going to say take the check. (He's...
  11. FL2AK-tdi

Checking CL is a good idea, Mike, but I live in Alaska LOL, I forgot to change up my profile this past summer. There's an 04 like mine here for 9500, but that's an 04. There have always been very few TDI's up here. I did see a gasser wagon for just under what they are offering. Trouble is, I...
  12. FL2AK-tdi

6750 is the offer, which is 300 less than full clean retail trade in-attributed to the broken driver's door arm & window control, broken arm rest cover, and minute hole in the seat cover-all pre existing. I can take 1300 less and keep the car, try to fix it, and buy a "Reconstructed Title, or...
  13. FL2AK-tdi

Thanks, Valentine. Yeah, I was number 48 (or that's my joke about it at least). It happened at O Malley and New Seward. I think we'll be finalizing all of this tomorrow. I'm inclined to part it out because it has 5 new tires (<10000 miles on them) a 9 mo old battery, plus a bunch of other...
  14. FL2AK-tdi

Hey you guys, I was in an accident last Sunday during the 1st snow of the season in which a Dodge Avenger struck the front right corner of my Jetta, spinning me around 90 degrees. No injuries to either party. I was able to drive from the scene (the Dodge had to be towed) and to the body shop...
  15. FL2AK-tdi

How to Turn Dyed diesel in to Yellow Diesel!!!

I should be so lucky.