Recent content by Fixmy59bug

1. Fixmy59bug

JSWTDI09 Don Strait Passes away

I was just text messaged by his family of his passing. So sad. I’ll miss the big guy. He had to have been 6’7”. We would meet up locally and talk about TDI’s and modifications. And all that good crap. RIP buddy.
  2. Fixmy59bug

Trim level differences

Seeing as I work for Mazda, I may have some insight.... So the diesel engine in the CX-5 is fairly decent. However, the diesel engine was never really marketed, so no one ever knew it existed. Plus it was only available in the $42,000 top trim level which is an absolutely boneheaded move...
  3. Fixmy59bug

Dealership Passat Battery Install

Wouldnt we (desert dwellers) be the lucky ones since it is always under warranty? When the battery gets replaced, it has its own 5 year warranty (3 years free 2 years prorated). And if it fails within that warranty period, it gets it own fresh 5 year warranty.
  4. Fixmy59bug

Trim level differences

The SEL does have real leather with Dynamica ("suede") inserts. Heated seats and auto headlights were standard equipment on all NMS Passat TDI's. SE with Sunroof & Nav was a trim level, so Navigation was not exclusive to SEL's. Though, it was the RNS315, not the RNS510 which came only on the...
  5. Fixmy59bug

Special 507 oil for the DPF

I bought my first oil change kit from FCPEuro.com And (after the warranty refund) I have never paid for another oil change after that.
  6. Fixmy59bug

Adblue reset light on after filling

if your car gives you a “200 miles until no restart” message, you have a bad ”reductant level sensor”. The car is supposed to start counting at 1,500 miles. You need to replace the adblue heater unit. It has the level sensor built into it.
  7. Fixmy59bug

Hotter ambient temps cause regen to cycle more?

Unless you drive over 200 miles per day, you shouldn't be seeing that many regens. For me, it's approx every 300 miles.
  8. Fixmy59bug

Battery draining issue - 2014 Passat TDI

On models with the MDI in the center armrest, it is built into the MDI unit. Otherwise you are correct, it would be under the passenger seat.
  9. Fixmy59bug

14’ Passat A/C issues after heater core replacement.

It's possible they jammed the temperature flap. They did that on my car when they did the heater core. I hate to say it, but it's kinda easy to do if they're not being careful.
  10. Fixmy59bug

***Official maintenance schedule for your VW [PDFs inside]***

that’s weird. I just tried it and it worked just fine for me. maybe try the direct link. https://pics.tdiclub.com/data/500/2014_Jetta.pdf
  11. Fixmy59bug

Tail Light wiring question

It doesnt dim by cutting voltage. The BCM actually uses Pulse Width Modulation to dim the bulb. I'm not too familiar with TOAD wiring, but I dont think it would be possible to utilize the factory taillights
  12. Fixmy59bug

Engine failure at 95k

Looking at their profile, the last time they were here was in December. I wouldnt expect to see an answer.
  13. Fixmy59bug

Transmission

simple coding change with VCDS, OBD Eleven, or Carista
  14. Fixmy59bug

Tires

I would strongly suggest looking at the Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 that are currently on sale at tire rack for $130 or even the DWS 06 Plus that sell for $128 on Tire Rack
  15. Fixmy59bug

Transmission

Ideally it would only happen on hilly terrain, but there are many accounts on Vortex of it holding even on flat terrain. I had it happen on my 2013 Passat and that's what led me to research how to disabling it. It was holding so long that there would be a 5 car gap in front of me at a green...