Recent content by Fitn3rd

1. F

Are you still driving your TDi?

I went down the rabbit hole and found a very local shop. The owner says that the removal of my current setup, the installation of the custom fabricated dpf and egr delete kit, the stage 2 tune and the dsg tune will run me around $2300 plus tax. He mentions that it will not be noticable (no...
  2. F

Yes, I have been searching for a suitable shop.
  3. F

I don't do my own wrenching unfortunately. I have a tough time changing my headlight bulbs on my own. I think my car is worth like 6 grand now anyhow, if that.
  4. F

Hey everyone, Here's a friendly discussion regarding whether or not you are still driving your TDI. As it relates to me? I'm a bit torn. You see, I still love my MK6 (2011) Jetta. Yeah, my check engine light is nagging about my EGR and begging for a delete (which drives me crazy) but it...
  5. F

Code P0401

The delete because it goes against my insurance policy. It's also sending more chemicals into the air and can possibly affect my health. The cleaning because I'll need to take it to a mechanic, have the dpf removed, somehow transport the dpf to the cleaning facility, drive a rental vehicle for...
  6. F

Code P0401

Hey folks, I'm rehashing this conversation. At this point, my check engine light is on constantly and I'm looking to replace the DPF filter properly. I'd like to keep this car for another 5 years or longer if I can. I know diesels can last a while if you take good care of them and honestly...
  7. F

Will diesel cars depreciate horribly from here on in?

I just got 650km on my 2011 Jetta DSG. Mixed highway, sitting in traffic and city driving. The gauge said 7.8l/100km. That's equivalent to a 2020+ civic.
  8. F

This is a great community! krazykipa fixed my suspension issue.

Rob fixed my sway bar links and more, yesterday. I'm very happy to have Rob work on my car. He always explains and shows me what he's doing so that I can learn to do it on my own and he's never satisfied until every nut and bolt is to spec. I appreciate that a lot.
  9. F

Code P0401

I understand. Would I be a target for tickets if that part happened to be replaced? Also, would it be worse for my health to drive like that?
  10. F

Code P0401

Yep another P0401 code post. I had another code and had the exhaust flap fixed but then i got the P0401 and my warranty is done. Asked the dealer how much it would cost to fix and he said parts alone would be $4000 and then labour another $1200. I don't want to dump another $6000 on this car...
  11. F

Bosch Brake Pads for sale.

Hello Ontario club members. I bought 2 sets of Bosch brakes pads for my MK6 (2011) Jetta by mistake so I'm selling the set I don't need. These are open box (to check and make sure everything is in the box and to take the pictures). I'm selling for roughly what I paid for them including tax...
  12. F

Shop for DPF delete and tune

Can we please get some follow up posts? Costs, quotes? Very interested. Although, personally what I'm looking for in the future is a stage 1 with a DSG tune and a few little add-on tunes. Nothing too crazy.
  13. F

Opinion on shop: Good idea/Bad idea.

Cross post from another thread. Brakes were done by member @krazykipa. I was also able to learn a lesson on doing my own fuel filter in the future which was a nice touch. It made me proud to be a member of this club. I highly recommend Rob. The price was right on budget and the attention to...
  14. F

Germanoem.ca - OEM Parts site.

Brakes were done by member @krazykipa. I was also able to learn a lesson on doing my own fuel filter in the future which was a nice touch. It made me proud to be a member of this club. I highly recommend Rob. The price was right on budget and the attention to detail was outstanding. I...
  15. F

Mechanic in Markham or Scarborough area.

I just came back from @krazykipa doing my brakes and fuel filter. I highly recommend Rob's work and the price was right on budget. https://ibb.co/4SnSmDR