Recent content by Fireblade_rr

1. F

Fan Blower not working

FIXED By removing the fan and adding 12 volt power directly to it. Maybe it was stuck and not spinning and because of this the resistance was too high and the car stopped sending power to it? Removing it from the car isn't needed just unplug the 2 wire plug and apply power. hope this might...
  2. F

Fan Blower not working

2006 Jetta TDI Has dual climate control The cars configuration has been the same for 9 years + Scan shows multiple malfunctions of 0010 Today - replaced the battery, check 460 relays (swapped them no change), checked all fuses, removed blower motor from car and applied 12 volts and it spins...
  3. F

subframe mount\bushing

LOL i looked at your join date and thought it was your model year. Sorry! Yes i was getting horrible noise / knocking sound. I could feel it thru the floorboard. It was a clunk. I have Koni adjustables on my car and they make some noise so I thought it was just that but it got worst so I...
  4. F

subframe mount\bushing

More reading http://golfmk5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90037&highlight=passat+tsb http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124612
  5. F

subframe mount\bushing

I just did this. Order 6 bolts change them and knock went away for me. Part # N-908-235-01 They are like $2.00 each from 1stvwparts.com http://golfmk5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112867&highlight=passat+tsb
  6. F

GoodGuys Biodiesel Santa Cruz

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/ci_18392702?IADID=Search-www.santacruzsentinel.com-www.santacruzsentinel.com
  7. F

Anybody with a 2.5" DP and Magnaflow cat will not pass SMOG

Oh my how people are so worried about things that haven’t even happen. How about you worry about it after you fail the visual inspection?!?! This is not a life or death thing and thinking and worrying about it ahead of time this much is not really needed. I just sold (about 4 weeks ago) a...
  8. F

2006 owners: Cupped tires

My experience has always been that cupping is due to bad shocks/struts.
  9. F

DMF on DSG changed now have a rattle

First off, yes the old DMF was replaced with the updated part# part. So I have a very distinct rattle when coming to a stop. I also have this same rattle when reversing. Put car into reverse give a little throttle input and I hear the rattle. It’s fairly loud and slows and gets a bit quieter...
  10. F

2006 DSG DMF inspection???

I got the car back yesterday. Sounds good again and drives great. I was going to get charged $870 for labor if I paid out of pocket.:mad: Warranty Company only allows them to charge $511:eek: Haha!:D I was going to get bent over but I was covered. :cool: I had to pay for the bolts (LOL)...
  11. F

It was determined that the DMF was/is bad and is being replaced under warranty. Not sure how they came to this conclusion but I will ask them when I pick the car up tomorrow. Can’t wait to get my car back!
  12. F

Thanks narongc73, but that doesn’t answer my question. I have an extended warranty. I have to prove the part it bad so I don’t have to come out of pocket for the repair. So if someone can tell me how to prove that the part is bad please let me know. And yes the part will be replaced no...
  13. F

Ok so they have it out. They are saying they can’t physically see anything wrong with it. I asked if there were any yellow marks on the outer ring and they said no. ß Disregard So how do you confirm that it’s bad? I have read that 10mm of movement is within spec. How to you verify this...
  14. F

My noise was very noticeable first thing in the morning but after it warmed up the rattle went away. But I could hear the rattle every time I shut the motor down. I never had to get under the car to hear the noise. Just leave the door open and start car and it was there, same thing with...
  15. F

I’m taking it in tomorrow because I HEAR the rattle but I don’t trust them (dealers). So I wanted to see if I could see the witness marks and take pictures beforehand. If the marks have moved less than 10mm they will not fix it under my extended warranty and I will have to come out of pocket for...