Recent content by feverwilly

1. F

SOLD

Still for sale?
  2. F

Buybacks, cashback and current TDI pricing

When is VW going to start the payouts? I have not seen anything from them that it has started, Anyone know?
  3. F

Buybacks, cashback and current TDI pricing

The only issue with keeping your car to 2018 and not taking a buyback sooner is that if you crash your car you will not get the buy back amount back from the insurance company.
  4. F

Chris Farnham (3193) passes away, 3/8/15

I don't trust VW anymore after the HPFP failures and the emissions fraud.
  5. F

Chris Farnham (3193) passes away, 3/8/15

I just saw this.. Chris sold me my soon to be bought back TDI Jetta Cup edition. He picked me up at the train station. We had issues with the cars Bluetooth (Still do) he worked with a local dealer to get it fixed, got hockey and basketball tickets as compensation and it's been a pretty reliable...
  6. F

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

Get a lawyer or not get a lawyer I have a 2010 TDI Jetta and I have been solicited by a few lawyers who want to take on my case for a 40% contingency. NO THANKS.. do you all think I should wait or get a lawyer. Do you know of anyone that charges less?
  7. F

Alternator belt broke anyone near Annapolis that can help me fix it?

Hi, I have a 1999 TDI Jetta. My alternator belt broke anyone near Annapolis that can help me fix it? I don't have the tools and am not sure if the tensioner or pulleys are bad. Anyone who can swing by and fix this with me (I'll pay you).. PM me if you can help..
  8. F

Yet Another Glow Plug Thread - Sorry

I tested them and the readings were all over the place. Put new ones in and the reading was stable still CEL problems until I replaced the harness. The wires get frayed after a while is my guess.
  9. F

Yet Another Glow Plug Thread - Sorry

I had the same issue. Replaced the glowplugs no improvement. Ordered and installed a new harness and my problems went away. 2 years later no more CEL.
  10. F

Needed someone to perform lil Projects I don't have time to

Check your PMs I know someone..
  11. F

My Review of CNBCs Fuel Special

NOx emissions are higher that is a proven fact. Overall emissons ARE better. You'll notice that if you are in traffic behind a bus runnnig bio compared to regular diesel. I've heard the argument with the seals but I have trouble accepting it because of posts that have claimed damage to seals...
  12. F

My Pumpe Duse WVO System Experiment - A Cautionary Tale

I called Grease Car when I had a system and they suggested changing the fuel filters every 3K and when I told them I was averaging 8K on them they seemed very surprised and asked what special precautions I was taking during the filtering process.
  13. F

My Review of CNBCs Fuel Special

http://www.cnbc.com/id/42220196/FUEL_WILL_PREMIERE_APRIL_21ST_ON_CNBC Josh Tickell somehow got CNBC to believe his rhetoric about Bio-diesel. In his book 'Journey to Forever' he dismisses washing of Bio as necessary although in later articles he seems to grudgingly admit its necessity to save...