Recent content by Faster

1. F

WTB: MK4 Jetta Hood - Silver Arrow Metallic (LG9R)

Thank you for the tip! Great handle, btw :-)
  2. F

I just received a DM from "Barbara73" saying: You can checked with Dave, he has it available. You can confirm from him, his contact is (240) 452-1319 I purchased items from him in the past and they arrived in top condition. I am pretty sure both Barbara73 and Dave@(240) 452-1319 are confirmed...
  3. F

I agree. My posting here was an attempt to cover all the bases. I would prefer not to paint unless necessary. However, I do have a booth and spray gun (and respirator) for stuff like this. I did find a trunk in perfect condition for $100 which will save me much labor. I am hoping to do the...
  4. F

I really appreciate your offer Andy. 3,000+ miles is a long road trip for a hood which would require painting so I'll take a pass for now. If it was Silver Arrow I could be tempted :)
  5. F

E-Code headlights for MK4 Jetta

Thanks! I had not seen the Midwest Lighting site before. I didn't want to wait until mid-August for the VX Tuning models as I want to drive now :-)
  6. F

The only place I can find Hello E-codes is ECS Tuning and they are not cheap. There are a lot of Chinese cheapos out there but I don't feel like wasting my time and money. What the heck do folk in Europe to when they need to replace a headlamp? If I can figure that out, I may be able to just...
  7. F

Thanks Drucifer, I would prefer to purchase from a known vendor and possibly a member of TDIClub - but I figure it is worth my due diligence on this vendor. I am not overly concerned with safety inspectors as Colorado doesn't require safety inspections and I am not aware of any western state...
  8. F

How close is the Reflex to Arrow? I think the Reflex is a little more grey perhaps? I think VW went to Reflex in 2003.
  9. F

I am located in Colorado and willing to drive to you if the hood is in excellent condition. I prefer the Silver Arrow over the Reflex Silver from the latter MK4 years. Thanks! -Faster
  10. F

Apologies if this is an FAQ. My search-fu seems to be failing as I was unable to find much in prior threads. I need to get back in practice. I joined a Dan Simoes group purchase many years ago for Hello Eurospec headlights for my Jetta TDI. Recently, an elk cow danced on my hood and broke...
  11. F

Over-running alternator pulley for ALH?

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking. This one is clutched for sure. I will check to be sure the freewheel is still working correctly. I must have been thinking of my MK3 where it was mounted on top of of the accessory drive stack.
  12. F

I've only ever seen solid pulleys on MK4s - including mine. Hence, the question ;)
  13. F

I just received a new INA serpentine belt tensioner and in the box was a service bulletin for 1.9 TDI engines recommending replacing the stock alternator pulley with an over-running model. I have seen those on newer models but was not aware of the option for the MKIV ALH engines. Is it worth...
  14. F

Mystery 3-wire sensor on top of a manual gearbox?

Thank you for sharing. How did you put your OEM sensor back together? I see one reputable vendor that is selling the OEM version for ~US$65. I glued mine together once. This time I may also incorporate a zip-tie to "assist" with keeping it together.
  15. F

Mystery 3-wire sensor on top of a manual gearbox?

For completeness in case someone else reads this: Part: Transmission Speed Sensor (early TDI) Part#: 191919149D