Recent content by farnhamassoc

1. farnhamassoc

2009 2.0 p299 problems

I was replacing the new valve on the compressor with RKX which is usually the issue. and when I added the freon after about an hour sitting it just started working again. I think this system can have trouble getting pressure to the high side (very slow) and when the high side has low pressure it...
  2. farnhamassoc

2009 2.0 p299 problems

Finally the Engine light went on and off for a few months. now for about 2 months it is OFF.....I think it just kept regening until all the plug ups are gone. Passed smog. I was just going to post all this then I got Covid. was down for 12 days. Catching up now. (put about 10k miles on it) BUT...
  3. farnhamassoc

2009 2.0 p299 problems

Past 300 miles I'm going to call it. No check engine light. I think it's good to go
  4. farnhamassoc

2009 2.0 p299 problems

was that how much it was to fill the Touareg I think they have a bigger tank. But still. OMG...158 CAD....It was 135 usd converts to 168 CAD to fill my 22g Chevy duramax.....
  5. farnhamassoc

2009 2.0 p299 problems

YIKEs.....its the Petro Canada setting the high prices. Damn government controls!!!!!! Hey IDK if it is fixed but.......91 miles on the clock now Passed all readiness checks....still dont trust it yet but that is the best news I have seen......Im thinking MAYBE.....it is all good. Lets see how...
  6. farnhamassoc

2009 2.0 p299 problems

line was tight. CEL said. p2002 and EGR.....Trying another regen while standing. and after that I adapted G450.....I don't think I did it that way the first time. I think you need to do the adaption after regen. also adapted low egr....after regen. No codes 60 miles. But checked readiness...
  7. farnhamassoc

2009 2.0 p299 problems

Engine light came back on for EGR same percentages as last time. Then before I could get it up on the lift to fix it or check it it went back off. I don't think I was able to get the hard line for the differential pressure sensor tight on the egr cooler maybe that's the issue. Needed a crow's...
  8. farnhamassoc

How are TDI's doing long term after the buyback?

I know you have a shop did you see my shortcut for the thermostat.....saves a lot of time.
  9. farnhamassoc

How are TDI's doing long term after the buyback?

Keep em running Thanks to ABA turbo Mine will be running till I DIE I think. ha ha. I did find a shortcut for that thermostat housing on the CJAA....lets keep them on the ROAD!!! ....Really want to get this shortcut out there. So I hope I am not over posting this......Saves at least an hour on...
  10. farnhamassoc

2009 2.0 p299 problems

So far so good. We shall know later this week. I think the exhaust was sooted up pretty bad from that P299 extra soot from fuel and boost not matching. There were some large chunks of soot in that sucker I did clean it pretty well before reinstalling it. Probably able to do active regens now and...
  11. farnhamassoc

2011 golf thermostat replacement

Here is a shortcut. I did mine without taking off the oil filter housing which saves time and having oil and coolant out at the same time......Less mess. Made a video hope this helps.
  12. farnhamassoc

2021 Volkswagen Golf GTD Shows TDI Performance on the Autobahn, Sounds Rough

Totally agree.....also look when you use less fuel there are less emissions from getting it out of the ground. They should get emissions credits for that. GOV does not care about environment just TAX MONEY.....see through the disguise. The Environment is just a smoke screen so they can rob your...
  13. farnhamassoc

2009 2.0 p299 problems

Yeah initially I was thinking about what you said about the auto scan all the other information that's why I was using the one from engine but like you said it's weird that it's totally different and formatted different and much harder to read so I get it
  14. farnhamassoc

2009 2.0 p299 problems

Yeah I was thinking about that all the other crap about radios and whatever who cares. FYI I've been driving this thing cuz I haven't had a minute to check those other things and the engine light went out. Maybe it just seen a little driving after the Regen. I think I'm going to drive it a few...
  15. farnhamassoc

2009 2.0 p299 problems

The strange thing is the DPF light never came on. Even with the code P2002...Weird. I think I will recheck the EGR filter to see if it is restricted. first then all the other EGR checks.