Recent content by Farmboy

1. F

The future of TapaTalk on TDIClub

Though I voted for: "What is TapaTalk? I do not use TapaTalk nor have I tried it." I'd recommend having a response option of: "I don't care about the mobile interface as long as the non-mobile interface continues to be easy to use and doesn't become any more cartoonish than necessary" Almost...
  2. F

User testing of new TDIClub Forum software

Didn't break anything on first contact, didn't find any reportable functional issue/s, will keep trying as I am able. I'm probably overdue to offer to pick up some slack if there are any tasks that it would be helpful for you to assign. Help with migration, rollout, as a mod, etc.
  3. F

MN Chat Thread

DC - Thanks, hadn't caught that one. TPW/Salad - Thanks, I'll be sending PM.
  4. F

MN Chat Thread

TR - thanks for the suggestion, no love yet on CL. No love yet on car-part.com. Amazon has a set of three 15x6 5x112 steel non OEM, no love yet on eBay, strongest option currently looks to be the link I posted, barring some real luck, it would seem . . .
  5. F

MN Chat Thread

gearheadgrrrl - Thanks, good to know, looking for 15s, though, not 16s. I'm leaning toward this source, anyone familiar? https://midwestwheelandtire.com/product/volkswagen-golf-2015-2016-2017-5q0601027r03c-69993-69993-alloy-wheel-rim Or a similar local outfit that I simply haven't stumbled...
  6. F

MN Chat Thread

[486]/ITSPREZ - Thx! Ebain21 - thx! I’m doing as much homework as I can, yep . . . as you indicate, it sounds like it is either impossible or very difficult to put wheels smaller than 16s on the MkVI. From what I can tell so far, the lighter MkVII Golf/SportWagen was/is generally fitted with...
  7. F

MN Chat Thread

Looking for local set of four (4) 15x6 5x112 steel wheels/rims Anyone have a helpful suggestion where/how to get a set of four (4) 15"x6" steel rims, 5x112 bolt pattern, offset of 43, local to the Twin Cities, that will fit on a a 2015 Golf TDI SE? -- Don't need the cheapest source, don't...
  8. F

Anyone able to get a part number?

I've searched TDIclub for TSB (techinical service bulletin) reference on this issue, and must not be selecting the right search term/s. If there *is* indeed a TSB and anyone knows what it is or has a link for a thread that discusses it, *please* share here . . . thanks in advance.
  9. F

MN Chat Thread

wheel bearing tool kit Hi Scott - you have PM & email. I have a wheel bearing tool kit, happy to loan it out, maybe can lend a hand, timing/time permitting . . . it's typically not that difficult of a job with the proper tools, planning, parts, patience, etc.
  10. F

Minneapolis GTG

Chris, thanks for hosting! Was great to see a couple "old" faces and meet a couple "new" ones. I wasn't able to stick around and heckle up to my usual standards while others got dirty. I didn't even learn any new magical incantations made up of swear words, must not have been any work getting...
  11. F

Minneapolis GTG

Hope to be there.
  12. F

MN Chat Thread

Sounds great! Pick a time or set up a poll with dates you are willing to host, whether in the new thread, linked out to surveyMonkey, whatever . . . I'll show if timing works out for me. I can have the aforementioned HubTamer (bearing puller), a VagCom cable (VCDS, whatever, I'm old school -...
  13. F

MPG impressions on 2015 Golf so far

Curious, if you can pull up the data w/o too much hassle, how do they compare: - Over the first 45 fills (not 45 v. 453)? - At ~ the amount of fuel that went in the 2015 over 45 fills? - At ~ the distance of the 45 fills in the 2015 (~ 35k km on both, not 35k v. 422k)? - Whether you are able to...
  14. F

2002 vw beetle tdi

Pics x2. EDIT TO ADD: Oh, and maybe I missed this somewheres . . . what transmission?
  15. F

MPG impressions on 2015 Golf so far

Sands80. You might just be getting the proper mileage for all the factors involved. Others may be quite happy to consult with you on that. I would take a more zen (?) response. Perhaps consider instead, what's the $/mile? I filled up our '15 Golf last night. Fuel was at $2.359 (RUG was...