Recent content by Fairbanks Jetta

1. F

Places to go around TDIFest 2010

Blackberry and tongboy, would like to hook up with you two for this run, Brunch box sounds great. I am without a rig on this outing, and suck at in town driving. Talk Soon!
  2. F

Driving to TDI Fest, 2010

Sittling at the airport Sheraton right now. Left my '98 Jetta aka "Supertramp" in Missoula with Mountian Imports. got to know the drivers with Green Taxi real well. Looks like I will be visiting that fine town sometime in the near future. Still the trip down the ALCAN was great, talk about...
  3. F

Stories when filling up at "gasoline station"

Tried to get fuel at one of two very busy convience store type stations in Chetwynd B.C. during the local evening rush hour. It was very frustrating, then had to laugh when a nice local guy couldn't get in with a 1 ton flatbed, for a little dsl, and to fill up his lawn mower can. I went and...
  4. F

50/50 wvo/diesel question. please help.

O-K, big breath here. I USED to routinely run ONE cube (4.8) gallon of SVO per tank of #2 dsl. Ran down the ALCAN hwy. and developed some pretty serious problems in Seattle. Fuel distribution pump is getting rebuilt in Missoula, and stopped this little road trip. Alot of good points made...
  5. F

My old trusty Jetta hit a milestone!

Kudos Hope to get that kind of history out of my rig. I really like the beginning of the thread recounting putting money down and ordering the car insted of buying the gasser. I am at 162K right now, on a '98 jetta, looking forward to 200K. Hope to see ya in Portland.
  6. F

Biodiesel for the ice-road?

Just a thought... Pure Canola, with a little methanol, or Sea Foam to take up water, burns nice at a B20 blend.
  7. F

Omaha, Nebraska

Fairbanks sightings Saw a super sleek Black 2006 Tdi Golf, at the Fairbanks parking garage, some goofy looking red headed guy driving with a black dog. (Hope you read this Major) He is very proud of that ride:)
  8. F

TDIFest 2010, the location is Portland, OR

South Dakota, yep, it's Gods Country Hi yep, my Dad was from Langford, and I have a bunch of shirt tail relatives up by Sisiton, that I haven't seen since I was a young teenager. Up untill a few years ago I still had a black rez hat with a red bandana tied around it. Other place I would like...
  9. F

That cam out all train of thought guys. I am down in that area pheasent hunting every fall also. I am going to visit family and friends too. Friends in Missoula MT, also. I fully intend to hit the Bio dsl sources on the I-5 corridor.
  10. F

Leaving the last week in Aug. My only two stops that are hard wired in are, Liard Hot springs in B.C., for an afternoon soak, and South Dakota, there is a source for Bio-Dsl to fill up my jugs. Other that anywhere in the upper mid west.
  11. F

Awesome Road trip, I think I have the moves down!!! I just put in the request slip for the time off. Just got in from Portland last week, drove a lifted 2002 up the line. Thank you Kirk if your are reading. Met a real nice VW mechanic at Fixen Haus. And didnt get to stop at the place in...
  12. F

Largest Tire without lift?

Wow, we have just put the metalnerds lifts on a 2002 Jetta, and I want to put over stock size tires on....the 205/75/R15 are the standard size for Subaru wagons (I think) and are fairly common. If I could run the 215/75/15's how much taller are these. They were not in your chart. Note, I am...
  13. F

BTW sqdude, is there a source of biofuel right off I-5 heading north out of Portland?
  14. F

One of the worst jobs I have ever had, was spending part of a winter making cedar fence posts for a hippie rancher in Le Grande OR, on a vegatarian diet.
  15. F

I am going to Portland this week to pick up a Tdi, will be a good shake down cruise to figure how long it will take in September. Where is the the location of the fest slated. This is going to be a log thread by september, 9 months out? whew!