Recent content by Exenos

1. E

Best 1/8 mile time in North america 4 cyl TDI

I think you're on par with Andy2. I know he's done 11.5 in the quarter with a 7.xx 1/8th. I'd have to dig through that thread again to find the slip to be sure. Was your run on drag slicks?
  2. E

Nissan Hardbody TDI Swap

Nice antiwrap bar. If you can put a grease nipple in the slip joint it would probably do wonders for longevity of it. Most people use a shackle but im liking this better.
  3. E

AFN Tuning service? (Only need files)

Have you read this thread? http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=375099 Lots of good information there. If you stick with the stock nozzles you can easily calculate the smoke maps with mg of air/mg of fuel. Timing can either stay the same or smoothed out and bumped a couple degrees. There...
  4. E

alh m-Tdi marinisation to match Mercruiser Gen1 drive

Probably wouldn't be quite as bad as that. The he341 and 351's have an extremely small turbine housing. Holset has some magic voodoo going on with those turbines, they spool like lightning and flow decent enough as well. P0wer has a boost log of a 1.9 with a 9cm hx35 in his thread some where...
  5. E

MTdi power AHU engine.

A rover pump is the most common and easiest way to get a mechanical ve for our engines. The k03 should get you to near 150hp but you'll be near choke and the k03/k04 hybrid isnt much better because the hot side is still the tiny little k03 turbine that starts to choke at 3k. Unfortunately...
  6. E

AHU m tdi low boost

Combine that pdf with this link http://dodgeram.org/tech/dsl/more_power/Power_ve.htm and you can get a pretty good idea of tuning a ve pump
  7. E

TD04HL turbine housing on an HE221?

You could get something from a tps-time and boost-time graph but it'd only be useful comparing different setups starting in the same gear and rpm. Not sure if vagcom does those graphs either, never played enough with it.
  8. E

TD04HL turbine housing on an HE221?

Hey could you post some boost logs or roughly when you can get 5psi and 20psi? I have a td04hl that's slightly larger than the he211 but with a 7cm exhaust. If the 5cm works i might run it as a single.
  9. E

alh m-Tdi marinisation to match Mercruiser Gen1 drive

Does this happen at higher rpms too or just at 2000? Check the coolant loop for the overheating engine and see if there is any soot in there. My first thought is head gasket but there's a lot more to check before that. Perhaps the hot engines thermostat doesn't open fully allowing for it to...
  10. E

Mec Evo Nozzles

Never heard of them but I'm certainly interested. Prices look reasonable, not too cheap. I'm gonna have to email them about where the nozzles come from. We don't have enough options in Canada
  11. E

ALH to Mk3

Its in a ranger swap project. It gives a little better/finer tuning options from more maps as well as port flash ability instead of chips. Those are the main things, but really the only reason I have that combo is because I fried the original ahu ecu and had the alh stuff lying around. I would...
  12. E

ALH to Mk3

You would need to use the ahu wiring harness as well. Change the pump connectors, the 3rd injector plug would probably be different and the coolant sensor is different as well. Not sure if the ALH has the right bosses for the mk3 chassis mounts. I have a ahu running with a alh wiring harness and ecu
  13. E

Best adapter dimensions source

The tdi cad drawing over on the Sullivan vanagaon site are accurate from what I can tell. I had a slight issue with the dowel location on mine but that was more due to my process than the drawing .
  14. E

some advice please on AHF rebuild

If you're talking about 350hp and boost below 1800rpm I think the only solution might a compound setup. I don't know of any vnt that would flow enough for 350 and spool that early. The 2260vk that you think is too laggy still isn't big enough for 350 so it would only get worse. EDIT: Ok, never...
  15. E

1st gen Tacoma ALH

So no torque rod or anything to act like the dogbone in the vw? I dont like how my mounts turned out and I'm thinking about re doing them in the style you used since I've saw it used a lot.