Recent content by ExalyThor

1. ExalyThor

CAD models for various TDI engine parts

Hallo! I want to run a simulation. I'm curious if a pd 2.0 16v head will be compatible with the bottom end of a pd 1.9 tdi. The head should bolt on no problem but it's a mystery if the valves will collide or not with the pistons. I am having issues finding the cad models, any hint in the right...
  2. ExalyThor

Is torsen 4wd useful for hard cornering?

I went with the friend in question with the b7 on twisty roads, both cars loaded (mine had more stuff because the passat is larger and also a wagon). My rear end was sliding while he would still be planted on the road.
  3. ExalyThor

I could try my friends B7 A4, but beside the torsen he has sport suspension, his engine is mapped to 200hp compared to my stock 110hp, plus the generational improvements the B7 platform has over the B5.
  4. ExalyThor

As the title states, is torsen 4wd useful for hard cornering? I'm curious if a car equipped with torsen can maintain traction when the 2wd equivalent would start to understeer. I'm not interested in launching performance and traction in slippery conditions whatsoever.
  5. ExalyThor

My fuel pump is "disarming"

AFN is the 110HP version of the ALH. I don't have a pump in the tank.
  6. ExalyThor

My fuel pump is "disarming"

I have used the word "disarming" for lack of a better term (no 1 to 1 translation from my language). I have a Passat B5 1.9 TDi AFN, and a few days after I had my timing belt and water pump replaced, the car would take 15 seconds of cranking to start for the first time. I know for sure it's an...
  7. ExalyThor

ea189 engine weight

Sorry for being an ******* earlier but that won't make this "search tool" more useful, I actually tried using it. I even took a screenshot with the results it gave me.
  8. ExalyThor

ea189 engine weight

https://ibb.co/phmwqD2
  9. ExalyThor

ea189 engine weight

By linking google search engine? Thank you so much!
  10. ExalyThor

ea189 engine weight

I'd say something offensive but there is no point in arguing with internet trolls, waste of time.
  11. ExalyThor

ea189 engine weight

(Useless google, so many retarded sites telling me the total weight of the cars having this engine) how much does this engine weight when mounted longitudinally? I've even looked into VW's SSPs with no luck...
  12. ExalyThor

Is it possible to broaden the torque band of a TDI without the aid of a second turbocharger?

could be an interesting idea, though I suspect the evolution of boost is beyond just the turbocharger.
  13. ExalyThor

Is it possible to broaden the torque band of a TDI without the aid of a second turbocharger?

Power band and torque band are not the same thing mate. I was asking in general rather than for my B5 in particular as that is up for sale. Also the engine runs great. I changed the head gasket with my father, replaced the valve seals (now for the engine it's enough just 4 liters of oil between...
  14. ExalyThor

As the title suggests, are there any mods which can be done to TDIs to make the torque band broader? Something like 1500-3000 rpm from the usual 1750-2500rpm. Or is it simply not possible?