Recent content by Escape.idiocracy

1. E

Performancetdi.com ... anyone used them? They sell vnt17/22's

I would talk to whoever is doing your tune. Looks like the turbo is capable of the goal without the injectors (from the sites description). Your tuner should be able to tell you what they can and can’t do and with which parts…. And also what needs to be done to do more, or what is going to be...
  2. E

Oil leak near firewall??

What stage tune did you go with? I am pretty convinced that the increased boost just sucks oil by the ccv system… or the internal ccv baffling system is old and failed- not worth $300 and the trouble of replacing the valve cover to rule it out. I went from this leak with a stage two, then...
  3. E

New noise

No longer feel comfortable with any technical advise that could be pulled from this group…. Geesh. Literally called out in the first post “without a second set of feet- this is the best I can do solo.” Also posted within the mk6 forum which should have broken down the CR TDI… though looking...
  4. E

New noise

Thank you for your contribution. For others who may also be confused- it’s a 2014 Cjaa sportwagen. Cr170, darkside fuel metering valve, deleted, etc. 62k miles.
  5. E

New noise

Won’t be able to tear into this until Sunday… but it’s on my brain and maybe one of you have already lived through this. High pitched noise that increases/decreases with RPM’s is what the concerning noise is. without a second set of feet- this is the best I can do solo.
  6. E

2014 JSW - Air filter / intake & tune?

That is your opinion, and that’s fine :) I was just sharing. I have run S&B filters and intake systems on my side by side since 2019? It’s done a few DP4 races….. inside of the intake tube has never shown dust film, and that’s through the worst silt imaginable. I do understand your point...
  7. E

2014 JSW - Air filter / intake & tune?

I have had this logic imbedded since I first came onto this forum- and back in 2000-2005 it made sense, primarily higher flow filters were oiled, and havoc was made on the map sensors… dry filters have come a long way in their ability to flow and filter… you might find this video interesting...
  8. E

Cjaa stage 2 + cr170 turbo.

I have read/heard in a few places mention 30psi and its recommended to have the head studs replaced/upgraded.. I never put much thought into it- but I’m assuming that is sustained 30psi/2bar. Not spikes.
  9. E

Who did your Tune? And what is the reasoning for the 4 bar map? I can see why larger turbos would do this- still not really tracking why a cr170 or lower would need the 4 bar if peak boost is 27.5. Currently I will be reaching out to: Mrtuning.ca
  10. E

Cr170 and 4 bar map upgrade- what’s needed

Stevenson told me to ensure calibration was performed as soon as the turbo was replaced. This was the video I used. The 4 bar map- there is no way, until I have the front of the car pulled off for some other reason….. no Way is that getting swapped out… total pain to just get to…. So I...
  11. E

Failed CCV? Catch can?

Turbo blew. The car still needs a replacement ccv/pcv diaphragm, as the factory unit is deformed, assuming age.
  12. E

"Cold-air intakes" and "high-flow air filter" FAQ

I found this guys video to be really helpful… kind of changes the perspective for “gains”…. Just a different and in my opinion well explained show of what is happening for this specific intake on this specific car. Variables being the filter, or the intake…. Would need to dissect further to...
  13. E

So, I’m kind of at a bit of a loss “expectations” wise. Stage 2 tune from Stevenson- car ran quick- for a tdi, I was pretty impressed. Tuned at 49k miles, blew the turbo at 55k miles… 🤣😂👍🏼 Running around for the last week with a new cr170 with 52mm wheel- turbo noises have been great...
  14. E

Performancetdi.com ... anyone used them? They sell vnt17/22's

Just as a supporting reference, I purchased a cr170 turbo from these folks a couple weeks ago. Their site chat- they were super responsive, answered all of my questions, and were Awesome about getting my turbo out to me! Literally had it mailed out same day- and not just “created a label”...
  15. E

Fuel filter upgrade with protection

For sure- so just did the cr170 last week, trying to avoid a household feud by spending another 800+ on a fuel pump just yet…. Figure the cp4 has had fuel additives since 9k miles and just hit 55k, can roll the dice for a bit longer… Factory Fuel filter is changed every 20k, just looking for a...