Recent content by Erik Lupo 3L

1. E

No Block Heater?

Re: No Block Heater? *DELETED* Post deleted by Erik Lupo 3L
  2. E

Is there a good manual available for TDI-PD, Jetta

Re: Is there a good manual available for TDI-PD, J You just need a workshop like this: Full photo series from scratch:http://www.clubphoto.com/_cgi-bin/app.pl/albums/large_image_view?id=1735430&link_code=sa01_17
  3. E

New Touran or New Caddy?

The Touran is much more modern than the Sharan, and has a more car-like way of driving, with much less roll in the corners. The Caddy is a civilized utilitarian van, with a ridgid rear axle in leaf springs.
  4. E

No Block Heater?

Re: No Block Heater? *DELETED* Post deleted by Erik Lupo 3L
  5. E

Buying a high mileage TDI

To make it short: If I'm willing to do the repairs myself, is it "safe" to buy a high mileage non-PD TDI ?
  6. E

Buying a high mileage TDI

After nearly giving up the hope, my wife finally got pregnant the natural way after several unsuccessful IVF-treatments, and we got a son that is now 4 months old. Therefore our Lupo has become way to small for us, and I have begun looking for a bigger car, which must be a TDI (or some other...
  7. E

ZeroStart Heater Test: Perfect day for it

It's a shame for you people in North America that you have 110 volts. The british Kenlowe Hotstart with 2,7kW capacity and built-in circulation pump is very effecient. You can buy it online at MGOC Maybe it could be used anyway, what is the tension between the phases in a system with 110...
  8. E

diesels end in "USA" traced to 1984 's Pres.Vote

diesels end in \"USA\" traced to 1984 \'s Pres.Vote Europe is really just beginning free trade between the nations, which has caused the truck traffic to increase. But ordinary Europeans are not commuting 50 miles or more per day in Ford 250 trucks doing less than 5 km per liter...
  9. E

diesels end in "USA" traced to 1984 's Pres.Vote

diesels end in \"USA\" traced to 1984 \'s Pres.Vote I read somewhere that 10 cents tax on each gallon of fuel sold in USA could finance the whole Healthcare sector. I bit of tax on your fuel could start a whole new industry boom of energy saving tecniques. It sure has here in Denmark and in...
  10. E

Trouble shooting procedure instrument cluster

I will get back to you with the codes. Now I'm just very happy, because everything is working again. I took the minus cable off the battery (again) and connected it to the plus cable for 20 hours. I took out the connectors from the cluster and the airbag controller and plugged them back in. I...
  11. E

I don’t have the wiring diagrams that incorporate the instrument cluster, and generally my wiring diagrams are from 1999. Correct diagrams will be appreciated.
  12. E

I have no error codes on the CAN-bus controller (module 19), nor in the ABS controller. I can see on the engine wiring diagram that J533, indicated in the airbag controller, is also in the cluster. I will look after twisted pair wires. Thanks
  13. E

[ QUOTE ] weedeater said: You did not say which year, so I will assume 2000 or newer. I would confirm that the software coding is still the same in the cluster. I would confirm that the 'gateway' is also coded correctly. And I would recheck that I did not pull any pins out of the connectors...
  14. E

My instrument cluster has gone haywire. Pre history: I had to loosen the dashboard to change my heater to one with A/C. Therefore I also removed the instrument cluster and the steering wheel. I am sure that at least the steering wheel was removed while the battery was disconnected. I also...
  15. E

Installing A/C

Do I need to make the ECU aware that A/C is now fitted? Is the Radiator fan controlled by the ECU?