Recent content by Er0

1. Er0

A/C defogging delay ??

I just noticed sth today my car wastes 0.6l/h when idling without a/c i had the climatronic turned on to blow hot air and at the same time defogging the front and the rear windows.(consuming 0.9l/h) After some time i turned off the defogging and i was just using it to heat the interior.But i...
  2. Er0

which RPM in urban area with a TDI 170 and "sport" gear box ?

i would keep it as close to 2000 rpm in 3rd as possible (1800rpm is fine for me ) As a general rule when you have reached your cruising speed, you want to choose the gear that puts the rpms as close to 2000 as possible !
  3. Er0

Yes, another question of reliability

Very reliable... Just find a good mechanic (i did ) and everything will be fine. Now about A/C i just fixed mine today and i spent a lot of money there. Because i got the car from Germany with 160k km so i had to spend some money to get the A/C to work.. i fixed it last summer but after 2...
  4. Er0

Just fixed the A/C

Fixed the a/c on my mk5 2006 climatronic :cool: Any tips ? i heard i should keep it on all the time to avoid damage on the compressor.What about winter ?(or simply defogging will do )
  5. Er0

Dumping the clutch

ok . a simple question say you wanna lunch at 3000 rpm what is better for the clutch , a dump or a slip ?? note: i am just curious, i don't plan doing anything like this
  6. Er0

***Official maintenance schedule for your VW [PDFs inside]***

thanks for clearing this out.. I just found it strange that's all, i already have 170'000 km on my 2006 so...:rolleyes:
  7. Er0

Dumping the clutch

I fail to understand why clutch dumping when shifting is bad for the clutch and other components. Even if you father it, it will actually match the rpms and the speed so the wear will be the same :o can you please explain this to me ? Also sometimes i let the clutch too fast when shifting so...
  8. Er0

***Official maintenance schedule for your VW [PDFs inside]***

for a 2006 TDI the manual recommends changing oil at 5000 miles :confused: in the break in page DBW tells not to do so until 10000 miles To be honest DBW is a legend :) but why is this ?
  9. Er0

taking corners in 3rd gear

ok thanks i was just curious because in my car i can let the accelerator and the ecu will maintain idle(no lugging, no stall,everything smooth)
  10. Er0

:confused: mine doesn't lug. This way i take some corners where i just don't feel the need to downshift
  11. Er0

i think there is sth that keeps the rpm up so i can start in first gear without accelerator right it is the ECU that tries to maintain idle speed :rolleyes:
  12. Er0

well i don't have a new model but in my 2006 it is really good, it doesn't stall, it doesn't buck (probably because of the idle air control valve)
  13. Er0

yeah i know that but i have heard this new models can stall immediately without bucking and that is really dangerous when going 50km/h for example
  14. Er0

can a car stall in 3rd gear at idle rpm ? Do all cars behave like that in all gears (even new TDI models with a fuel cut off thing)
  15. Er0

Hello folks! i own a golf V 2006 tdi. When i take a corner i just release the accelerator completely in 3rd gear and the rpm drops to 900-1000.No problem with that (no lugging) :D I just want to know : any chance of stalling ? i am afraid because that would cause a lot of trouble and a possible...