Recent content by engineerorange

1. engineerorange

"Oil Change Needed"

Your oil level is too high. The car assumes that you are running biodiesel and it has filled the crankcase. I could never get mine to reset either using vagcom after the idiot dealer overfilled it with oil. I changed the oil properly, the dealer reset the light and it hasn't been back on since...
  2. engineerorange

code P00BD

Any update? Our 2015 Passat is throwing the same code. 1 Fault Found: 21468 - Mass Airflow Sensor 1 P00BD 00 [104] - Airflow too High Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear Freeze Frame: Fault Status: 00000001...
  3. engineerorange

GTG January 28,2012 Chapin, SC

Whew! what a weekend Thanks everyone for a short but great time. Dan, Debbie and Zeb really know how to make 50 of their closest friends feel welcome in their home. One of these days I am going to make it to Dan's gtg driving a TDI and stay all day. Good to see all the familiar faces and...
  4. engineerorange

All in jest, all in jest. I can't wait to see everyone and have some fun slinging vinegar and pepper.
  5. engineerorange

OK great. Save us a spot between the house and the shop to park the pig.
  6. engineerorange

Less than 2 weeks to go Just as we have done a couple of times in the past, the premier southeast TDI GTG will be complete with a "whole hog" BBQ. My brother and I will handle the pig itself, but we aren't caterers. Last year, DidJettaRun's lovely bride picked up barbeque appropriate side...
  7. engineerorange

the PIG is in the POKE The pig is ordered and will be ready for lunch. I will be the responsible party for that endeavor. Last year we had a local volunteer to arrange for the fixins to be picked up locally. It would be good if we could get a local volunteer again this year to handle this...
  8. engineerorange

If I have the Passat there I will trade you a BBQ sandwich for a headlight polish.
  9. engineerorange

If I can figure out how to get the pig and the Passat there, I have a persistent glow plug code that I need help getting rid of. Was intermittent for awhile, now it's pretty annoying and will have to be fixed before February, inspection is due and they won't do it without the readiness code I...
  10. engineerorange

I have a prior engagement later that evening, but should be there until at least mid afternoon. PIG???
  11. engineerorange

Asheville, NC October GTG

I wish I could be there, but vacation is scheduled at the beach that week. Hope everybody has a great GTG.
  12. engineerorange

GTG in Winnsboro, SC 7/30/2011 at MIDLANDS BIOFUELS

Dan, I took from this post that lunch had been handled. Is that not the case? I am not too thrilled about trying to keep a pig from spoiling in July, but I had also tentatively planned on bringing the "grill for the masses" and doing some BBQ chicken halves. That leaves us still looking...
  13. engineerorange

I will see what I can do. No promises just yet, but I do love to feed people and it doesn't look like I am going to Oshkosh.
  14. engineerorange

July 30th is pretty warm to be wraslin' a 250 degree pig. Is there a place to plug in a portable spot cooler?
  15. engineerorange

Help me Columbia (SC) gurus...

cue Dan, Robbie and Bruce in 4,3,2,1.......