Recent content by ekincaid

1. E

WTB Metalnerd tools

I’m not sure they will work. I’ll do a little digging to find out.
  2. E

Timing Belt Decision in North Carolina

Well the price is right. I may give him a call. Looks like people have a little difficulty getting up with him. It’s a 3 1/2 hour drive from where I am, but, for $1000. I may look around a little more to see who I can find. But I may just do it myself. I think it’s more than doable. Reading some...
  3. E

WTB Metalnerd tools

Timing Belt tools for an ALH engine
  4. E

Timing Belt Decision in North Carolina

I need to replace my Timing Belt in the near future in my 2003 Golf TDI. I got it a couple years ago and the timing belt only has 30k miles on it. Got to looking at the original owners receipts and was a little shocked when I read the date for the change. 2/17/2014!! I knew it would be high...
  5. E

Fs set of 4 Avis star wheels with all season tires

Certainly wish you were near me. I would be all over them.:)
  6. E

04 Jetta

I just happened to run across this... Certainly don't know the owner or the car. Just thought it might be of interest to someone. https://raleigh.craigslist.org/pts/d/hillsborough-vw-jetta-tdi-04-19l/7393601573.html EDIT: I probably should have posted this elsewhere.... Sorry about that
  7. E

WTB MK4 Golf 2 Dr Roof Rack

Thanks I will look at those. That might be a better option.
  8. E

What did you do to your MKIV today?

Well that was just sad to watch...
  9. E

WTB MK4 Golf 2 Dr Roof Rack

Thinking about putting a Roof Basket on my Golf. Hoping to find an OEM Roof Rack.
  10. E

Mk4 ALH TDI auto a good first car?

I see that working the other way around... lol
  11. E

A like isn't enough. I so agree with this....
  12. E

I think it would be a perfect first car.
  13. E

Free VDS-Pro / VagTacho Alternative

I just got here today. Looks like you had a hell of a time. Glad you got it working.
  14. E

Free VDS-Pro / VagTacho Alternative

The log looks like it worked. Confirm the file like Nuje suggests. Then try... kw1281test COM5 9600 46 ReadEeprom 04352 It should return a value. Mine was 200 kw1281test COM5 9600 46 ReadEeprom 04353 and kw1281test COM5 9600 46 ReadEeprom 04354 should also return that value. If so you are...
  15. E

Should I sell my Jetta TDI wagon or refurbish it?

I have a 2003 Golf that had several of those problems. It is such a joy to drive and I didn't want to give it up. The headliner is not that hard to fix if you got a little time and patience. I did both the headliner and door panels for about $100. Plenty of Youtube videos showing how to do it...