Recent content by ekincaid

1. E

Peculiar Driver's Door Issue

Been busy lately and haven't had time to get back to this... and the winner is ... I'll try adjusting the door handle later. Until then I will consider it my secondary security system.
  2. E

Naw... Yesterday was around 70.
  3. E

Just once. Seems like if it never worked this might be the answer. Mine quits after it sits a while. I will check it just in case. I'll give this a try.
  4. E

Ok. After my car has been sitting locked overnight and I unlock the doors, I cannot open the driver's side door from the outside. I have to open it from the inside. Once I do I can lock and unlock it and I can open it from the from the outside. Let it sit a while and it won't open from the...
  5. E

Speaker Replacement help

That was what I think also. Just wanted someone to at least agree with me first.:)
  6. E

Speaker Replacement help

Decided to replace the woofers in my Golf due to age. Wasn't planning to do anything with the tweeters. Now I'm a bit confused. There are four wires leading into the existing speaker. Black White Red and Green Brown and Green I'm assuming the ones with green are my speaker inputs. Can...
  7. IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

8. E

Parasitic electrical drain - Is there a 'typical' spot, where this originates?

The alternator was the source of mine. It was pretty easy to track down with a multimeter. I would start with the fuses on top of the battery.
  9. E

WTB MK4 Golf 2 Dr Roof Rack

Guess I need to widen my search. I hadn't tried marketplace and have only looked locally on CL. Thanks.
  10. E

WTB MK4 Golf 2 Dr Roof Rack

Going to bump this... Having no luck finding one. OEM or Otherwise.
  11. E

Swapping instrument clusters?

I've never messed with any clusters before. After reading through some things. I think I got it. 1. Get me a cluster for an 04-05 TDI 2. Connect it and get the SKC using kw1281test ( I have the SKC for my current one) 3. Use VCDS to do an Cluster Adaptation following this video What do I need...
  12. E

Thanks. I have used that and never thought about going that route. I might look around and see if I can find a 2004 TDI cluster. Perhaps @gmenounos has some thoughts on this.
  13. E

Yeah guess you're right. I guess I meant I wish there was an easier way
  14. E

Yeah. I know bringing up an old thread. It is a shame we can't use these.
  15. E

What did you do to your MKIV today?

I have been thinking about it. Not sure I'm going to get into tweaking it as much as @KrashDH though. While I have worked with electronics and updated firmware. I get nervous thinking about the ECU. 😁