Recent content by EJS

1. E

Chevy Cruze Diesel a direct competitor to the Jetta TDI

Wow, nobody does "ugly on the inside" better than Gubmit Motors. Nice touch that cheesy cloth/fiber around the vent on the drivers side & above what appears to be the glove box on the passenger side. Did the Malibu abortion not teach them anything? I'll take the Mazda 6 for $100 Alex.
  2. E

2014 535d

:D That's what I was thinking.................what **** would I need more than 250hp for?
  3. E

Lack of throttle response inherent in DSG?

:D Great description! Biggest issue I ever had was trying to get the front end on ramps, the little rise would make it act the same............no go....whoa....no go....whoa........... Once you get used to it going back to anything else is tough...........nothing else is touch -> lighting...
  4. E

Audi wants new-style headlights in USA

Can you even buy a sealed beam anymore? :D
  5. E

Audi wants new-style headlights in USA

Not just SUVs - many vehicles on the road. Just another sign of the dullard, hit the switch and never change it. Ain't that the truth - sometimes amazed we're not still driving around with candles in a case.
  6. E

EPA Voids Approval Of Vehicles Imported From China

Well to a certain extent they've grown to accommodate their customers.
  7. E

Detroit News: Gas engines gaining on diesel

Well whatever way one decides to go it would seem we still got some decent mileage out of it. :eek: :)
  8. E

Which is why I said define "waste gate" :D (he had in quotes, specifically a waste gate or just something to manage boost pressure) Kind of a catch 22 - why are they made? Simple, that's the lowest price they can advertise. They only sell a handful so they only make a few = they're hard to...
  9. E

I'm more than willing to defer to your expertise (both of you guys).........though to be fair I never said scientific. Define waste gate? Ford uses a recirc valve.....but really it functions the same. There was some data around about boost pressures (for the 2.0L) - folks monitoring engine...
  10. E

Maybe at light loads, at idle they run rich. Have two in the family (different brands) - both have dirtier exhaust pipes from idling than the TDI's ever did.
  11. E

EPA Voids Approval Of Vehicles Imported From China

LMAO I asked a Chinese woman I worked with (her life under Mao stories are also fascinating) about the lack of QA in China. Her reply was "they have no face" (unlike the Japanese).
  12. E

:D Thanks for the correction - I meant to say an 8cyl, it was a a while back & I have no idea which one it was (not a truck person). Same result, trouble free but a slug w/ terrible fuel economy. It may well have worked okay under a constant load.........but as a driver & sometimes load it was a...
  13. E

Depends on the circumstance. The only positive for most any turbo is more power when needed with lower fuel usage when not in boost. The key is how much time will it be using the boost? For sedans the 2.0l is a replacement for the 3.5l v6 - it does get a bit better fuel economy. No idea...
  14. E

Tip for ya - never go near a Ford forum, that level of logic & understanding will get you flamed :D Truly funny is that they don't realize the engineering behind the engine (nor it's resultant impact on fuel economy). Example - the 2.0L delivers it's max torque of 270flbs @ a very low 3,000...
  15. E

Ain't Ford's fault - they followed the rules, noticed both the EPA & Consumer Fail backed up pretty fast once they figured the test was followed. Which is why the test(s) likely should be updated again, prevent foolish expectations. Anyone who would think that a vehicle the size of an Escape...