Recent content by edisonswartz

1. edisonswartz

Harmonic balancer styles for ALH

Any chance you still have the skinny one? and do you have the part numbers for either one? I'm trying to figure out if the skinny one would work on other ALH engines other than just the 2003 one... I can't imagine that they changed anything from 2002 to 2003 on the crankshaft/accessory belt...
  2. edisonswartz

'06 BRM: Intermittent No Throttle Response [RESOLVED]

Yeah.. I've actually experienced that too. My vacuum pump has a bit of an oil leak... that little coolant hose that sits right under it has already blown once. Thankfully I wasn't too far from the dealer and they fixed it for free for me.
  3. edisonswartz

Update #3: I think I may have fixed it. I would like to say I HAVE fixed it, but it seems like anytime I think this car will be perfect it throws another curveball at me. In my misery I shared this forum post to Facebook. Like you, @Mozambiquer, they suggested that I make checking that wiring...
  4. edisonswartz

Update #2: Okay, I'm starting to lose my mind. Things I've already done: - The Vernon VW dealer already changed my MAP sensor (G31) along with the wiring in between it and the ECM about a month ago. I had them change this due to this very issue (I think) because it happened to me for the first...
  5. edisonswartz

Update #1: Things I've done since last update: - I pulled the ECU and Throttle Pedal and cleaned the contacts with CR electrical contact cleaner. - I also traced the new yellow wiring all the way from plug to plug. There was no damage to the wiring and it was nicely wrapped with electrical tape...
  6. edisonswartz

I am SO frustrated with this car - 2006 VW Jetta DSG TDI (BRM) Malone Stage 2 EGR/ASV deleted. Problem Notes: The throttle randomly stops working. Sometimes I get a code, sometimes not... Sometimes if I press the pedal enough after it stops working the glow plug light will start flashing. (I'm...